Some grotty photos for you to look at (scored piston content)

Darkslider

11 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Fix it. The first job you do with it will pay for the repairs. Consider the matter annoying but closed. Move on.

Basically this . Sorry and all that. You have been shafted no doubt .  Rubbish him om the feedback front and move on.

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

Sometimes it is best just to get on with it. The muffler could have been stuck back on the saw and then sent back but...you want a 200T................. one with a new top end will be a damn site better than most of the eBay ones that will have cheap Chinese top ends.A new top end makes soooooo much difference to these saws!

Get a new top end, strip it, clean it, replace all the iffy parts and you will have a decent saw and one that you know what it is made of.

It will take you days to try to get it sent back....just make it in to a real nice saw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

Sometimes it is best just to get on with it. The muffler could have been stuck back on the saw and then sent back but...you want a 200T................. one with a new top end will be a damn site better than most of the eBay ones that will have cheap Chinese top ends.A new top end makes soooooo much difference to these saws!

Get a new top end, strip it, clean it, replace all the iffy parts and you will have a decent saw and one that you know what it is made of.

It will take you days to try to get it sent back....just make it in to a real nice saw.

Cheers for the support! Still stings though as if I wanted a complete rebuild I could have bought a seized one for £100-150 and probably had a working saw for around the £250 mark, whereas that's how much I'm in already and its going to need all the same parts as one thats seized or has no compression.

I've started the appeal process anyway out of principle as they seem to have made this decision after he's been in contact with them on the phone without getting in touch with me to hear my version of events at all, so not going to touch it or order any parts till that's done with whatever the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, frammo said:

heres another one not as described ...ported really or 10 mins with dremel...makes me wonder what people have in their "ported " saws

Screenshot_2021-02-25 Husqvarna Chainsaw Ported 372XP 365 18 inch bar eBay.png

How can you tell its not as described ? I can't get the pictures of the cylinder to come up .

2 hours ago, frammo said:

thats ported😄...careful what you pay for

001.JPG

So what's the issue with the eBay Husqvarna? The finish looks rough like he's missed the last couple of stages, anything else? Doesn't look like he's changed the actual port opening into the cylinder at all but is that always necessary?

I've never had a saw apart much less done a port job, just trying to educate myself for when the inevitable time comes 😂

19 minutes ago, frammo said:

yup ,thats the point ,missed stages but expecting people to bid on "ported saw"...what he has done is half arsed attempt at blueprinting(removing manufacturing defects)...porting involves manipulating size,shape and position of ports to increase power and torque over specific rev ranges...if you were to buy it and have a look inside you would lose your ebay gaurantee and be stuck with a loud saw...placebo has the effect of making people think it is better....believe me we all had loud cars when we were young ....did they go faster ..probably not....like i said not as described👍

think any bona fide porter will back me up on this one

Well,  I don't know the guy or have any experience of his saws so this could be total bollox .... but at least he has detailed his work in the listing description, quite comprehensively. I guess he could  have said "exhaust ported" rather than "ported" not a huge sin though.

Feedback looks ok, I've not bothered to view the video of the saw...