Some grotty photos for you to look at (scored piston content)

Darkslider

Got to watch what people are pulling on ebay. I just saw this one for £400. It's covered in non genuine parts (look at the switches and trigger etc) and has the logo and numbers drawn on with a permanent pen? 😂

Apparently its been completely rebuilt but the piston and cylinder has no scores? Which sounds like it's not been rebuilt but just dipped in degreaser...

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

New Oregon 14” bar & chain. New chain brake cover. New chain catcher. New crankcase and head gasket. New impulse line.

Edited by Paddy1000111

21 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Got to watch what people are pulling on ebay. I just saw this one for £400. It's covered in non genuine parts (look at the switches and trigger etc) and has the logo and numbers drawn on with a permanent pen? 😂

Apparently its been completely rebuilt but the piston and cylinder has no scores? Which sounds like it's not been rebuilt but just dipped in degreaser...

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

New Oregon 14” bar & chain. New chain brake cover. New chain catcher. New crankcase and head gasket. New impulse line.

See what you mean, someone will probably be taken in by the new poorly fitting plastics and pay that though what with the cult following these things have.

22 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

I saw that one and was instantly drawn to the clamp on the inlet manifold which doesn't look like its fitted correctly

• Like 1

I have rebuilt hundreds of these machines and most owners haven't a clue as to what condition their saws are in, what has been done to them, when they were last serviced etc.

I have had in the last two weeks - 357XP for porting - circa 2mm up and down play on the big end, MS660 for port and plug insert....Chinese top end, badly split intlet manifold, badly leaking crank seal and air leaks from screw turrets under the flywheel, MS661 for porting......Badly split inlet manifold and oiler pinion falling apart, MS200 with all OEM parts recently rebuilt by another outfit but wasn't running (oh...a four year wait for repair!!!)......cheap damaged Chinese top end......and so it goes on.

The seller of this eBay saw knew it wasn't quite right but probably didn't know what was wrong. Loads of power etc was a bit off the truth and you should get your money back as he has described it incorrectly and it has a fundamental fault.

I wouldn't kid yourself that any of the kit on eBay is any better. There are many that will use the cheapest top end as it will be £60 in their pocket and they will have little care that you will have less power and less life from your saw. As for repair, if you fit AM parts, it should be listed and if you say it is OEM then it MUST be OEM and charged accordingly. These Facebook fellas that know it all and "Only use OEM parts" are chancers at best!

One of them supplied a 346XP to a customer, lasted 10 mins and I was asked to fix it as the last one I did lasted 5 years + without issue......pisses me off when the seller of the 346 gets away with it...not good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know where there is 3-4 200T a couple of 260s a 361 and a 660 all brand new still in the box,s, They belonged to a tree surgeon in the North west who suddenly passed away, i have contact with his son and i have asked about the saws, but both him and his mother want to leave them where they are at the moment as a mark of respect the said deceased, One day may be ??

That piston in that saw what the original post is about, looks goosed to me and i suspect its been in the hands of someone who starts it up and revs the bollox off it when its stone cold, not the best thing to do with a cold saw !! when these young lads come working with me and they do that with my kit they get told if they want to rev a saw flat out from cold , go and buy your own, its not a good thing to do ,,, 

I noticed that it's missing from the CS30 course. Start from cold, check chain brake is working, rev the tits off it and check for oil sling, make sure chain isn't running on at idle, turn off to check off switch function. There's no bit of "just gently rev it to 1/4-1/2 throttle for 30 seconds or so just to get a little heat in there....

12 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

I know where there is 3-4 200T a couple of 260s a 361 and a 660 all brand new still in the box,s, They belonged to a tree surgeon in the North west who suddenly passed away, i have contact with his son and i have asked about the saws, but both him and his mother want to leave them where they are at the moment as a mark of respect the said deceased, One day may be ??

That piston in that saw what the original post is about, looks goosed to me and i suspect its been in the hands of someone who starts it up and revs the bollox off it when its stone cold, not the best thing to do with a cold saw !! when these young lads come working with me and they do that with my kit they get told if they want to rev a saw flat out from cold , go and buy your own, its not a good thing to do ,,, 

If you want them, offer to give a donation to a charity of their choice, explain that the saws have a good value and that you are happy to purchase at a good market value as you are concerned that someone less scrupulous than yourself may not be so open and honest with them. 

I can see the family getting offered a silly amount at a time when they need it and getting peanuts for them!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1