Force of a 250mm fall

ANK

I know I’m being flippant in this thread but I honestly don’t understand what’s going on here.

Everyone climbs above their anchor on occasion, the real danger is not the drop but the swing into whatever awaits you as you spiral uncontrollably on your line.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I know I’m being flippant in this thread but I honestly don’t understand what’s going on here.

Everyone climbs above their anchor on occasion, the real danger is not the drop but the swing into whatever awaits you as you spiral uncontrollably on your line.

Having had a couple of Stellas this evening I am going to have to do risk assessment and method statement on how I am going to mitigate any risks  that might arise when I eventually get off this sofa ...

11 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Having had a couple of Stellas this evening I am going to have to do risk assessment and method statement on how I am going to mitigate any risks  that might arise when I eventually get off this sofa ...

Don’t Jump 🤯 you might have to much slack in the system 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I think this is based on the OP wanting to use some fall arrest gear whilst climbing and his company saying no so he wants some info to fight his case