Force of a 250mm fall

ANK

2 minutes ago, htb said:

Rigging lines and climbing lines should not be near each other or near you. If they are re rig.

Well, that's all very well and good until something snaps, a redirect breaks, a rigging point breaks. The saw shouldn't be in a position where you get hit, doesn't mean I don't have a first aid pack. You shouldn't be in a position in a tree where you end up injured and unconscious, still have a rescue climber... 

Best laid plans of mice and men and all that 

24 minutes ago, htb said:

Being a bit less ambitious helps when rigging, avoids a lot of the problems you mention and learn how to rig properly.

I'm confused... Just for reference I have never cut myself with a saw, got caught up in my rigging, had any rigging or anchors snap or had any real "accidents" in general minus the usual silky cuts and general bruises. That doesn't mean however I'm going to remove my rescue knife that's tucked into the harness in a position that it never crosses my mind? 

There's a reason some companies and all training companies require you have one on your harness... No amount of planning and training has ever stopped all accidents 

8 minutes ago, Will C said:

@Paddy1000111 for reference a silky saw will cut a tensioned rope as quick as a chain saw and quicker than a rescue knife. Not saying don’t carry one but I would go to the silky first for a loaded climbing or rigging line first every time. 

Never tried it tbh. If I have some spare time I will give it a go on some old climbing rope (as I don't have a condemned rigging rope to hand). Might even try and cut it with my 200t if I fancy having an accident 😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Never tried it tbh. If I have some spare time I will give it a go on some old climbing rope (as I don't have a condemned rigging rope to hand). Might even try and cut it with my 200t if I fancy having an accident 😂

Obvs for research purposes video this, and hilarity  ☺️  K

• Like 1