New echo chainsaw (USA)

Stere

On 16/02/2021 at 17:15, Stere said:

So not really anything new just downgraded some parts on a saw thats being out for a  long time  by the sound of it.

Odd marketing wheeze almost as if there trying to pass it off as a new  model of 40cc class saw? 😏

Has been so for a decade. Cs-500 was plastic-handled into CS-490.

Now the 490 has a successor with a power bump-up in form of 4910. Where is the problem?

In US market it is targeted at 271/450. How is it anything bad?

As for the rest of the world the pro line-up is about to expand soon.

On 16/02/2021 at 17:25, Echo said:

My post above looks odd, quoted the previous poster and added my content,

looks like got combined as its not in a new post at all.

So here it is again,

I would take it for a 40cc any day.

Echo does seem to be downgrading their models, the P used to denote Professional,

there used to be a CS352P, its been replaced by a CS3510, they don't say its a pro build

in their marketing now either, its happening to other models too, including the 4910.

Looks like they are bing hit with corporate demands for more profits, they still have

a few pro models left, for how long though, the bigger CS7310 CS621 and the CS501

seem to be have been left alone.

They all are still built to the exactly same standards - 3510 is partly a replacement for 15 year old 352 with far better features.

As for pro line up it is not shrinking but expanding so from “few models left” it has already added 7310. More to come.

On 16/02/2021 at 16:56, Echo said:

they did not note

at all that the difference in the cranks, stating they were the same, if memory

serves me, there is a nut to hold the clutch on the 501, didn't see one on the

4910. Plug lead is different, cheaper cover, think bar plates are not hardened

stainless like on the 501 either.

Plug lead cap always was like that on Shindaiwa 446 and all subsequent units on that chassis. It’s 500ES and 501SX that have received the more durable plug cap to withstand regular spark plug changes (which obviously every professional does every 150hours :D)

And that is a nut on a PTO end:

EAF274F6-3998-4E0B-BDA3-506275E37265.jpeg

Assume there will be a new  echo 50cc along  some time as has being the new ms261 ans 550xp?

Iv'e often wondered about product range,  marketing price points, and manufacturing costs.

If say once the factoery production line is set up, the costs don't vary much betweeen making say a ms170 or 550xp so profit margin is alot higher on one than another?

They all are still built to the exactly same standards - 3510 is partly a replacement for 15 year old 352 with far better features.
As for pro line up it is not shrinking but expanding so from “few models left” it has already added 7310. More to come.

Any larger echos in the pipeline?

7 hours ago, Piston Skirt said:

Plug lead cap always was like that on Shindaiwa 446 and all subsequent units on that chassis. It’s 500ES and 501SX that have received the more durable plug cap to withstand regular spark plug changes (which obviously every professional does every 150hours :D)

And that is a nut on a PTO end:

EAF274F6-3998-4E0B-BDA3-506275E37265.jpeg

Seem to got one thing right, the nut, I hope they change that to a spring clip for real convenience,

it would make checking the bearing and removing the drum for inspection so much easier.

I see they have an auto choke model in their line too.

Edited by Echo

10 minutes ago, Echo said:

Seem to got one thing right, the nut, I hope they change that to a spring clip for real convenience,

it would make checking the bearing and removing the drum for inspection so much easier.

I see they have an auto choke model in their line too.

They invented it in ~2014 and introduced in 2017 in Japan. 3510 comes in both configurations.

Edited by Piston Skirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Piston Skirt said:

They invented it in ~2014 and introduced in 2017 in Japan. 3510 comes in both configurations.

I nearly had a moment there, I read your post without looking what it reffered to,

for a moment I though echo invented the nut on the end of the crank.

• Haha 1