Groundie/climber current rates?

Paddy1000111

1 minute ago, lux said:

High turnover on staff it seems. The outfit that worked on the boundary of our field were utter garbage. I can imagine people would want to work for them too long

Wouldnt mind, its not like they have to flog their pan out, got time to do some good pruning work usually, compared to street tree jobs  😕 K

18 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

If anything this thread is making me realise that I have had very good rates from guys in the past and also undepriced myself when I have worked for others haha! 

But are they able to get it 5-6 days a week and stay busy all year round at those rates?

I was a busy bee before I moved to Norway.  I charged 180 a day.  20 quid extra for rigging kit.  Often got more.  Some days 300 plus for crane work.  But I wouldn’t say that was my day rate.

This was nearly 3.5 years ago and in London and SE Kent area.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy_B said:

To the guy who is on £384 a day. What kit are you bringing for that? Is that just climber, saws and rigging kit?

Just me, simple climbing kit and a couple of saws. I don't really get involved in anything that would need much in the way of rigging these days. 

Edit. I should have mentioned, the 384 includes VAT. 

Edited by Retired Climber
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Retired Climber said:

Just me, simple climbing kit and a couple of saws. I don't really get involved in anything that would need much in the way of rigging these days. 

Edit. I should have mentioned, the 384 includes VAT. 

But was that 5 days a week or the occasional day?