Groundie/climber current rates?

Paddy1000111

I do, and I like to think that I provide that, and my feedback from customers and companies that I have freelanced for has supported that so far! 

To be honest I'm not really worried about rates or struggling, I'm not sure how we got to this point 😂 only thing I get annoyed by is giving a quote to a customer and them saying that another guy has quoted a rock bottom price so I've just wasted my time, fuel and effort going there. Not fussed about the loss of work itself!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I do, and I like to think that I provide that, and my feedback from customers and companies that I have freelanced for has supported that so far! 

To be honest I'm not really worried about rates or struggling, I'm not sure how we got to this point 😂 only thing I get annoyed by is giving a quote to a customer and them saying that another guy has quoted a rock bottom price so I've just wasted my time, fuel and effort going there. Not fussed about the loss of work itself!

I suppose my point really is that you shouldn't worry what the current going rate is, but that makes the whole thread a bit pointless doesn't it. 

1 minute ago, Retired Climber said:

I suppose my point really is that you shouldn't worry what the current going rate is, but that makes the whole thread a bit pointless doesn't it. 

Well no, I only intended to get a clearer image on what I should expect to pay for more people on bigger jobs!

• 3 months later...
On 24/02/2021 at 18:52, Paddy1000111 said:

You might find that a customer has said that someone has quoted far less.. I get this all the time for both Grounds Maintenance and Tree work.. I just say, 'Not a problem, crack on and get them in and when you what it doing properly or you want it putting right, you know where I am'. I often find that when I pass by months later they never got anyone in and the work has still not been done. So don't always believe what a customer has said.
I also know what some of my competitors charge and I have been told that they have quoted 50% below what I know they charge.....  I have then had then ask me why I quoted far less than I have actually quoted. Customers are often full of bull ____...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
what are experienced climbers with all saws and rigging in edinburgh area charging if anyone knows?
I pay £150 to £200, on the rare occasions I need someone else. You might get a bit more if you are really, really good or bring some fancy kit. If you can get jobs done faster and better than me I'd pay you more than 200, however not seen anyone do that lately.

I'm fife based.
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Being paid £80-£100 PD I am reliable on time and work hard. I have no tickets and am still learning, I guess it all depends on the individual and how hard they work, but also you pay a decent subbie a good wage then they will be loyal and feel valued. So 🤷‍♀️ 

forgot to mention I’m London based.

Edited by Rhyanna96
  • Like 3