Greenmech 130 thoughts please.

daveindales

Owners thoughts please on the Greenmech 130.

Has it been reliable?

What's it like chipping wet conifer etc. Will it block up?

Would you buy another?

Only asking as I'm thinking about a replacement for my good old petrol Entec CH25. I'd buy similar but out off the timber wolf 160 because of lack of a bonnet.

Did you a message on my phone Dave, I was trapped in isolation with no mobile and precious little Internet,  then one day back I'm bedridden with my own positive! 130 is exactly the same as the 150 and they only had different bonnets! It is a good tool and I know Martin Lucas was on about finding one for this week!

46 minutes ago, daveindales said:

Owners thoughts please on the Greenmech 130.

Has it been reliable?

What's it like chipping wet conifer etc. Will it block up?

Would you buy another?

Only asking as I'm thinking about a replacement for my good old petrol Entec CH25. I'd buy similar but out off the timber wolf 160 because of lack of a bonnet.

I had a 130 and it was a fab little Chipper and punched well above its weight..I had it for just under 3yrs and never had any problems with it and traded it in for a 150p.you can get good deals on a new one....you won’t be disappointed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian C said:

We had one for a while, good little machine, very capable and well built but I was never a fan of the roller set up, the new Evo is a different level .

Yes agree Ref rollers...have had my new Evo165p for a couple of months now and the horizontal rollers and pull through are really good...but the 130 is still a good little Chipper and is well capable of doing what you require from a Chipper that size and more.

• Like 2

I bought a 150p new a few years ago and when it was working it was a fantastic machine. Didn’t have any problems chipping. But in the just over 2 years I had it it had to go back to the dealer 4 times and was down for 4-5 months in total repair times. Ended up fixing it, selling it and taking the financial hit and going to Timberwolf.
**Just wanted to add the down time wasn’t  entirely down to Greenmech, B&S had a large part to play in it.**

Edited by tim361
  • Like 1

In my 3rd year of ownership of a 130 and would definitely recommend. Never once has it blocked up with wet conifer, I don't think modern chippers do anymore?

Good value for money. Would happily buy another, but will probs upgrade to an evo in a couple of years.

Go for it!

• Like 1