Rope bag needed for inside gear bag

Arborspective

I am in search for a rope bag that is soft and pliable enough to form to the bottom of my notch pro gear bag without destroying me on gear space above it like most stiff walled rope bags would do. I need to fit my 200' blue moon 11.7 line in it. I want to still be able to carry the bulk of my gear to the tree on my back and we all know gear bags are not ment for the drop zons but rope bags on the other hand can lay in the bomb zone. I do not want to flake my line onto the ground anymore so for my ropes sake and my (climber OCD) sake i have to find a soft rope bag that i can pull out of the gear bag and sit next to the trunk. 

I've got a couple of soft DMM ones, almost by accident as I wanted more of a bucket but they have turned out to be excellent for exactly the use you describe, I keep my mainline in one inside my big bag.

DMMWALES.COM

Browse Pitcher Rope Bag 26L products in Bags. Available to buy online, delivered direct from DMM Wales.

They were on special offer at the time.

Kong do a nice bag that is probably pretty robust as designed for canyoneering, with a mesh front to help ropes dry. Comes with some internal storage and a wide enough opening that flaking the rope back in won't be annoying. 60m of 11.7 might be a squeeze though...

WWW.KONG.IT

Rope bag developed for rope transport in canyon

Thank you guys for the feedback it has been helpful. I was also checking out the metolius speedster bag but it seems a little bulky and bigger than i need since i am down sizing the 200 blue moon to 150 drenaline. I am drawn to the dmm bag posted above i think mainly because it does seen perfect for what i need and i have been putting my life on dmm products for a long time now. 

The small Silver Bull bag may be suitable at 21 litres. Obviously not as durable as some of their other products but if it is going inside another bag for most of the time would probably fit the bill

WWW.SORBUS-INTL.CO.UK

Silverbull Mesh Bag - MY230: SilverBull Mesh Bag (White): Built to the same dimensions as the, ever popular, standard rope bag but uses a high tech breathable Airflow, mesh fabric.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/02/2021 at 01:44, Dan Maynard said:

I've got a couple of soft DMM ones, almost by accident as I wanted more of a bucket but they have turned out to be excellent for exactly the use you describe, I keep my mainline in one inside my big bag.

DMMWALES.COM

Browse Pitcher Rope Bag 26L products in Bags. Available to buy online, delivered direct from DMM...

They were on special offer at the time.

timits been a minute since ive been on here and since then i went with your advice and got a dmm pitcher red bag. I love it and it is the answer to the thread i started here. Thank you for you help!!!!! 

• Like 1