500i full wrap

bigtreedon

1 hour ago, bigtreedon said:

My full wrap and bark box IMG-20210501-WA0024.thumb.jpeg.287d412a251dcdf2471f8b184092f621.jpegIMG-20210501-WA0023.thumb.jpeg.f66087a5103efd3077a10736395a7985.jpeg

Never ran full wrap saws Don, you obviously reckon the ergonomics make up for the weight increase?

Also, how can you have all that extra on your saw and not the outer felling spikes? Madness!

• Like 2

Never ran full wrap saws Don, you obviously reckon the ergonomics make up for the weight increase?

Also, how can you have all that extra on your saw and not the outer felling spikes? Madness!
Bigger felling dogs [emoji240] on the way ! I personally find the full wrap makes chunking wood down eg cutting a humbolt or regular felling cut in the tree far easier and more ergonomic and until u have used one its difficult to explain but it also allows for positioning of the saw in a certain way that puts less sawdust down ur pants 🤣
If like most climbers removals are at most 50% of there work maybe it won't be something worth considering I spend 90% if not more removing trees everything that makes it flow and more productive [emoji108]
  • Like 3

• 7 months later...
On 09/03/2021 at 21:55, shavey said:

Here you are @Lowestoft Firewood @flawer @Stihl123

l

1241DD6A-34AB-45F2-87D9-A11149741589.jpeg

28EC2B18-5924-409C-B677-1D6066B12808.jpeg

11D05205-C60A-40D0-97C2-05B3F0C950C2.jpeg

151530AC-C225-41B3-94C0-D55147B642CC.jpeg

How easy are these to get hold of mate?

On 01/05/2021 at 20:45, bigtreedon said:

Bigger felling dogs emoji240.png on the way ! I personally find the full wrap makes chunking wood down eg cutting a humbolt or regular felling cut in the tree far easier and more ergonomic and until u have used one its difficult to explain but it also allows for positioning of the saw in a certain way that puts less sawdust down ur pants 🤣
If like most climbers removals are at most 50% of there work maybe it won't be something worth considering I spend 90% if not more removing trees everything that makes it flow and more productive emoji108.png

Fair enough, where did you get yours?

I don't like the idea of the bark box tbf. A mate has one and it's turned an already loud saw even louder!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shavey said:

I import them from Oregon but there not the cheapest handles , not many 

people have asked about the 500 handles lately but I’ll get some prices @Joe Newton

I’ve just had a load of husqvarna full wrap handles and spikes in which always 

draws a lot of interest 

Cheers mate, I'd be interested