Stihl 084

trigger_andy

Just now, Richard 1234 said:

That’s on uk website as of today

8ED33E07-FDCD-4E92-A70D-1BC54A9B67E6.png

You’d have to use the Scottish Governments website. But it was updated to say the same thing last night anyway. 

I’m not downstream though. And if you read the bit at the bottom it’s for workers coming to the U.K. to keep our oil and gas infrastructure running. Not returning from another country where we have kept theirs running. 

Just now, trigger_andy said:

You’d have to use the Scottish Governments website. But it was updated to say the same thing last night anyway. 

I’m not downstream though. And if you read the bit at the bottom it’s for workers coming to the U.K. to keep our oil and gas infrastructure running. Not returning from another country where we have kept theirs running. 

Oh right didn’t really read it it just looked at first glance helpful 

• Like 1

I've a part share in an 084.

Parts are an arse to find but those 'Holtzfelcher' Chinesium copies might be a source.

Andy, is there anything less expensive in Norway than U.K?

Nothing much in France pre-brexit other than alcohol and tobacco, neither of which interests me.

Not even property where I live.

I used to buy most of my kit from saws to chippers in the U.K. Even bearings and belts could be had cheaper with faster delivery than buying local in France.

Post Brexit all change.

Even a family food parcel with birthday gifts attracts 30% vat and customs plus handling fee.

The place I bought my splitter has a new 880 on the shelf for €1759 ttc.

I'd get a pro price on that but an 881 is on my list.

Stuart

Edited by Ty Korrigan

Just now, Ty Korrigan said:

Andy, is there anything less expensive in Norway than U.K?

Nothing much in France pre-brexit other than alcohol and tobacco, neither of which interests me.

I used to buy most of my kit from saws to chippers in the U.K. Even bearings and belts could be had cheaper with faster delivery than buying local in France.

Post Brexit all change.

Even a family food parcel with birthday gifts attracts 30% vat and customs plus handling fee.

The place I bought my splitter has a new 880 on the shelf for €1759 ttc.

I'd get a pro price on that but an 881 is on my list.

Stuart

Surprisingly Electrical goods generally are. And also come with a standard 5 year warranty. 

Electricity is virtually free. About the only thing you really pay for is the line rental. But that’s due to the abundance of hydroelectricity. 

Sushi  grade Salmon. 🤣

Electric Cars whilst maybe not cheaper than the U.K. have such a low tax on them that it’s cheaper to have a top of the range Tesla over something that guzzles fuel. 

Think that’s about it. 

8 minutes ago, muldonach said:

Milling with an 084 today (and last couple of weeks) photos show a 4.9 oversize spruce being cut to 150 x 100 battens for bog mats

Seems fine to me but not running the biggest bar in the world at 30"

Cheers

mac

IMG_20210217_115454.jpg

IMG_20210217_164050.jpg

IMG_20210218_120616.jpg

IMG_20210218_134149.jpg

IMG_20210218_143633.jpg

Cheers Mac! I bet it ripped through that log like a knife through butter! 

I used one falling in NZ and Canada,I have one over here falling and milling

I used to mill with a 48" Bar on it,pulled it no worries as you would expect. I seem to remember the 084 being slightly less expensive than a 088 back in the day,It might have also been a bit lighter?

As has been said,parts are a problem. Mine is under the bench due to a seized oil pump,some parts on some production years interchange with an 088 and some do not sadly.

• Like 1

I used one falling in NZ and Canada,I have one over here falling and milling

I used to mill with a 48" Bar on it,pulled it no worries as you would expect. I seem to remember the 084 being slightly less expensive than a 088 back in the day,It might have also been a bit lighter?

As has been said,parts are a problem. Mine is under the bench due to a seized oil pump,some parts on some production years interchange with an 088 and some do not sadly.

Cheers Mike! I’m starting to see parts can be an issue. If it lasts long enough for this big oak it will have earned its keep.

Crazy to think that an oil pump is not available for it.