Stihl 084

trigger_andy

Anyone have any first hand experiance of the old 084 in a milling scinario? Ive got the chance to snap one up for a very good price and need a saw for the Panther that I'll be getting later this month. 

I sold my 088 last year and regretted it ever since. It just sat in the garage for months and months and almost as soon as I did sell it I'm needing an Alaskan set-up again. 

I really do want the 881 but I need to be realistic right now and with the bloody SNP making all arrivals into Scotland subject themselves to 11 nights quarantine at a cost of £1750 and lessening prospects of my employer footing the bill. This could go on till Autumn. 😮 

• Like 1

Anyone have any first hand experiance of the old 084 in a milling scinario? Ive got the chance to snap one up for a very good price and need a saw for the Panther that I'll be getting later this month. 

I sold my 088 last year and regretted it ever since. It just sat in the garage for months and months and almost as soon as I did sell it I'm needing an Alaskan set-up again. 

I really do want the 881 but I need to be realistic right now and with the bloody SNP making all arrivals into Scotland subject themselves to 11 nights quarantine at a cost of £1750 and lessening prospects of my employer footing the bill. This could go on till Autumn. [emoji50] 

They are a good milling saw, but very old now.
Parts are very expensive.
Test the compression before you buy and check it’s got a stihl engine.
[emoji106]

Just now, Rough Hewn said:

They are a good milling saw, but very old now.
Parts are very expensive.
Test the compression before you buy and check it’s got a stihl engine.
emoji106.png

Cheers Saul,

its from a trusted source and had little use. So the engine should be genuine. I guess I'll test the Comp when it arrives. :D 

Just watched a vid of it against a 880, seems very little in it which considering what I can find about the HP difference is surprising. Obviously I cant tell if they've modded them but Id assume that would be in the description? 

• Like 1

Just now, lux said:

Is the 881 not on sale over there. ?

Can’t stand that little Jimmy Cranky look-a-like.

Im only in Norway for work, I'll be returning to the UK in 20 days time. By then I'll have to see if the loop-hole is still open to fly into England where only 32 countries that are 'Red' make you eligible for quarantine in the Hotels then run the Gauntlet up to Scotland and past her Goons manning the Border or bend-over and take Jimmys pounding due to her political point scoring. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Im only in Norway for work, I'll be returning to the UK in 20 days time. By then I'll have to see if the loop-hole is still open to fly into England where only 32 countries that are 'Red' make you eligible for quarantine in the Hotels then run the Gauntlet up to Scotland and past her Goons manning the Border or bend-over and take Jimmys pounding due to her political point scoring. 

Check the work loopholes as they seem to make life fairly easy in England being able to avoid the quarantine full stop if coming from non red list countries. You may well find a way

Just now, Richard 1234 said:

Check the work loopholes as they seem to make life fairly easy in England being able to avoid the quarantine full stop if coming from non red list countries. You may well find a way

Believe me I am. 😁

It seems Scotland is making crossing the border and not going into mandatory hotel quarantine illegal. So whilst it would be legal to cross the border I’d have to have already checked into the hotel in my chosen Scottish, or even English city. 

As things stand it looks like I’ll be finding a as nice a hotel in England as possible within budget to wait out my 10 days. Anything’s better than putting money into that evil bitches grasp.