Lost job ☹️

SamanthaSunny

On 09/02/2021 at 01:11, OOO said:

It may be useful to reflect on why this decision was made. Sorry to say that you lost your job most likely not based upon his wife’s distrust in you; but rather, a lack of trust in her husband. If you value your career - know your boundaries and keep to them - and make it crystal clear to others as well - in real life, and on social media (including AT) too. 

That way, you are less likely to come across those who cannot trust themselves, nor their significant others, who don’t trust them either.

I wish him and his wife no ill will and I hope they are ok. I agree with your views and once I do find a place in this industry, I hope to be treated as one of the lads with no special treatment. No drama and no workplace affairs, trees is all I am interested in 🙂 I’m carefree and want to stay that way, no hiding phones and trying to keep a second man happy lol 😂 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2021 at 06:16, Cowmop said:

Hi,
Sorry about your bad news but you may well have had a lucky escape, although difficult to see just now.

The chances are you have analysed the situation correctly but it could be down to his wife controlling the money side, loss of a contract, downturn in work due to the weather or him putting out job offers that the company just can't sustain.

You will find your place, my wife is a self employed blacksmith and has had a few fleeting comments, strange looks and women saying "you can make me that at home" openly to their husbands whilst looking at stuff at fairs etc, normally a item that takes a lot of skill and effort.
People are just bells and I think although most people would think not in 2021 a woman in a perceived "man's world" will at some point encounter an icy reaction.

Chin up dude and look forward to finding the right team where you will fit in with no animosity from anyone.

I love your wife’s life choices and I imagine your super proud 🤗 men’s work is far more interesting to me and I think you lot keep fit and healthy thanks to working hard and having a wee touch of banter. It’s not my place to judge his wife and she may well have many reasons for her decision I guess. I have accepted it now but I was really looking forward to a new career in all honesty. I will work something out but Thankyou so much for your advice 🙂 I wish your wife a long happy career 👍🏻 You both sound lovely 

• Like 1

On 09/02/2021 at 06:49, maybelateron said:

Sorry to hear all this. But yes, it probably has saved hassle later on if that is how his wife wants to be.

I employed a young woman for a few years, and was sorry to see her move on (to a tree officer job). She was one of the best workers I have have had, and good fun to work with. You'll find someone less controlled/more sensible who will take you on, and they will, l I'm sure, be  better bet for you in the long term.

Keep battling on, good luck.

Your really kind and I am so glad you employed a wee lass and it turned out well 🙂 I love your attitude 

On 09/02/2021 at 07:01, 5 shires said:

It’s more then likely a simple case of another woman being jealous of how another woman’s looks and being intimidated by it,i bet you if you were 18 stone,a little lip hair and 2 teeth she wouldn’t have a problem..in my experience woman are and can be very catty were other woman are concerned,blokes aren’t the same....so if I were you I would take it more of a compliment then anything else so just move on track your dream and you,ll be fine.

Awwww that’s lovely of you to say but I am certainly not young and pretty plain to look at. I certainly did not expect the reaction I received from the wife, we are similar ages so we could of became good friends and she laughed at my daft jokes 🤦🏻‍♀️ Mistrust and jealousy achieves nothing but pain and I firmly believe if someone wants to cheat then they will. Life’s is what you make it 🙂 I will keep looking but Thankyou for your wee post 

On 09/02/2021 at 07:04, Rough Hewn said:

Hi Samantha,
As others have said, think you dodged a bullet there darling.
Yes what he said is completely discriminatory and illegal.
However you’ve handled it in a very reasonable and professional manner.
Keep going. You’ll find some decent types.

Also.
I’d like to offer you a free 3 day course.
Day one maintenance
Day two cross cutting
Day three milling.

You’ll need your own ppe ,transport and accommodation.
I will supply all other equipment.
Saul emoji106.png

Gosh really ? I’m so so humbled by your offer Saul truly 🙏🏼 🤗 I’m overwhelmed and Would like to offer you out a free holiday on the Island if you ever want to visit. I have already paid for my first course the beginning of March Saul but had I not done that I would pay any amount of money to see you and Thankyou personally 🤗 and that’s a genuine offer by the way. My brother in law owns yachts on the Island that he has on beds on board and runs a hotel on the seafront too so I can get you a weekend on either.  I wish I saw this post beforehand 🤦🏻‍♀️ Your a wee angel 😇 I will pm you my number if you decide to take up the offer 🙂

• Like 2

On 09/02/2021 at 10:04, aspenarb said:

We have employed a few arb girlies over the years, as an employer I have not had any issues with them but it can cause a bit of resentment with the guys. Normally hinges around the graft/pay ratio as in the "why the feck are you paying her the same as me when she cant lift heavy fings" argument.

Bob

I know I may be sexist here but I do agree you should only be paid for the work you do and if someone is working harder then they should definitely be paid more because of the wear and tear on the body required and the long term injury or aches as they age. Sexism has gone mad and I definitely cannot lift the Same weight a man can. But I can see how you could be in trouble if you pay a reduced wage to a female 🤦🏻‍♀️ Poor you trying to keep everyone happy 😂 god bless you for trying x 

On 09/02/2021 at 20:18, Will C said:

That’s a bugger Sam. My Good lady also has some stick from the blokes in the industry and out of it, there is no need for it, you lasses are just as able.

You will find a pace to slot it. If anything comes up this way we will be in touch (we couldn’t give a monkeys if your male, female, umpalumpa, minion or unidentifiable 😂) but we do tend to stay self contained with just the 2 of us most days.

It’s ok Will I should not of posted about it really 😬 I’m just really disappointed because I have all my PPE now and before I moved house I was studying for hours on end. I know work is  hard to find and financial stability is a constant battle. I just wanted a wee chance at a role that I could be happy in. I do feel selfish at times because I have a well paid full time job but I’m so so unhappy in this career and dread every day.  I had planned to train for a couple of months on the mainland in April but have decided to stay on the Island and train with Ben because he is very knowledgeable. If I cannot find a job then I will have to re think 🙂 I hope you and Sam are well. Good luck my lovely friend