Vented Bag Stretch !

Bustergasket

Well i have been using mosquito vented bags for about 8 years now, iam seeing visible differences in size when compared to a new bag, it’s never been a problem as i don’t sell by the bag, we just tip into the hilux and that’s the measure so the bags are just a storage system, thing is i have a few guys that are wanting to buy by the bag, i like the bags as they can he packed away when not in use, crates or ibc would be everywhere as i can have circa 500 in circulation, iam thinking maybe a metal insert / sleeve that gets removed from within the bag once it’s full, bit like pack fix but the other way round, has anyone had the same issues and if so what’s the general consensus, cheers

• Like 1

More interested to know how you made the bags last 8 years.

Do you keep them inside all year out of the UV?

First ones I used lasted a couple of years but after that the new ones fall apart after one use, filled in early spring & used following winter. Lots will split when moved.

Stored outside in sunlight.

They are outside pretty much all the time, they only get a few months when not in use, they are uv stabilised, i used the 26 stripes and they were really bad only a year out of those, these are the full mosquito mesh ones, supplied by bag supplies, some of the loops are starting to get a bit frayed and i have had some fail which is always a pain, iam starting to see them stretch and i think they are at a point where they just keep on going [emoji85] very conscious i could be giving away considerably more wood than the cost of a bag but just having new bags only solves the short term

I've had a few styles of vented bags, all crap after a couple of years.  Also stretch too much for me.  They are a good idea but not practicle for me.  I use IBC cages with lids.  Works well but need to speed up emptying them as we currently cut a hole at the bottom & hand ball.  Vented bags or IBC cages are the best cost effective for this style of storage, some use pottato boxes.  If you wanted flat pack but expensive you could use army gabian baskets.

Jas P Wilson do a fork rotator thingamajig which might help your problem,,,

WWW.JASPWILSON.CO.UK

The Botex Box Rotator is built in our UK factory which produce our heavy-duty Forestry Loaders and Trailers. This robust...

Doesn't look like its going to be cheap but,,,

Some good ideas, if i had the space then potato boxes and a rotator would be good, iam thinking poss to use a wooden or metal box that fits either inside or round the outside of the bag, use than as a measure and then the bag can settle but the volume is 1.25 or whatever when filled, anyone seen anything like this ?

Yup

Got something like that right here outside my office but given the snow and time of day, I will try and send a photo tomorrow.

So what has been done here is to put an old surplus advertising board inside the ton bag before filling it up which means the bag retains its shape and doesn't sag.  

• Like 1