Dremel chain sharpening attachment

allseasons

I got recommended these:

WWW.EZELAP.CO.UK

They've been really good, like the Dremel one but with a guide fixed to it. I'm only on about the attachments here, not their grinding unit.

As silverhooker says, hand filing is better but if you send it into a stone or nail it makes quick work of repairing before perfecting it with a hand file

Edited by Paddy1000111

12 hours ago, Silverhooker said:

I had one, til I was taught to hand file properly, it’s ok only a light touch needed or you risk over heating the metal.

Yep, everyone should learn how to sharpen with a file, it's important to understand what your trying to achieve when sharpening any tool and this is where to start.

Grinding the teeth with a diamond rotary file in a high speed Dremel should leave a considerably finer and sharper edge although there's obviously a very slight risk of doing damage to the teeth if you happen to be ham fisted with power tools....but little chance of overheating teeth with a small burr and anyway diamond tools should be lubricated / cooled with a drizzle of water to prolong they're life, cheers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allseasons said:

Thats what i thought can sharpen by hand very well just want it for when you hit that rogue nail that was put in the tree 20years ago or the angle iron someone put in to support the tree and left it there forever and it really damages the teeth

We've all been there, recently took down a dead flowering cherry that someone had poured cement in to ! wrecked 1 chain totally !

The dremel is great with a diamond stone - I don't use the chain sharpening head but do it freehand - super fast but not accurate. Certainly the best I have found for speed while out in the woods.

Diamond stones are here

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

Click here to go back to the chain sharpening tools menu

I know this is not the Dremel but since then I upgraded to the Dremel!

image.thumb.png.0c8ad439c2ddc853bfc83d5d156ec1ae.png