Chipper hydraulic suction filter

bolla

My Entec 30 1998 model chipper same as Timberwolf 150 has very slow infeed rollers am guessing the hydraulic motors are worn out but just checking a few things before spending money

Inside the hydraulic tank there is a filter that is  screwed to the outlet port that feeds into the pump, you cant see the filter as its submerged in oil.

looking online its called a suction filter and can cause problems if it becomes blocked {if clogged may restrict flow hence my slow rollers}

I was thinking to change it but looking at the spares for this and similar machines there is no mention of such a filter

Any one know about this filter and if its a changable part

45 minutes ago, bolla said:

My Entec 30 1998 model chipper same as Timberwolf 150 has very slow infeed rollers am guessing the hydraulic motors are worn out but just checking a few things before spending money

Inside the hydraulic tank there is a filter that is  screwed to the outlet port that feeds into the pump, you cant see the filter as its submerged in oil.

looking online its called a suction filter and can cause problems if it becomes blocked {if clogged may restrict flow hence my slow rollers}

I was thinking to change it but looking at the spares for this and similar machines there is no mention of such a filter

Any one know about this filter and if its a changable part

I take it that its a paper element ? if so take it out let it drain and see what numbers it has on, have a ring round and some diesel/HGV places will cross refference the numbers and supply you with a new filter, when if ever was it last changed ? how long has the oil been in it ? if you dont know i would addvise change the oil as well as filter,,

A suction filter is usually plastic or metal and if it gets blocked will cause damage to the pump, cavitation.

Unless you have been really manky when topping up the oil then it should be ok, but the only way to check is drain all the oil, clean and refill being very careful to keep it clean.