Reverse engineer required

dig-dug-dan

Jeepers!

Iffen I had these problems, there are a couple of local reputable engineering places, who will either do it themselves, or recommend someone better placed to do so.

So many spin-offs from "wee Tom" McMaster's boomed and bust Engineering company of about 50 years ago, where his top men all went and set up shop in their particular specialities, be it lathe work, rolling sheet to radius, fabrication or making and mending hydraulic rams, all in the Garvagh and Kilrea areas.

Odd how growing up with this background to find other areas are not so blessed.

Good luck.

mth

Reading this thread I have to pinch myself .. to think that a simple engineering job like that should be in any way difficult or expensive to have done blows my mind as in just how far we've sunk in this country that previously led the world in engineering.

I know that in Glasgow where I served my time 50 years ago I would now have equal difficulties in trying to get a job like this done as most of the jobbing machine shops are gone.

However it is heartening that there are people on here able and willing to help.... I'm sure you'll get it made, good luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Hughes said:

I could probably  make this for you if you are not sorted. What are the  3 holes in the end for.

I am  in Dunmow 

John

They hold a round washer on the end to protect  the bearing.

I havent got it sorted yet. The crowd that ket me down are in braintree. Just waiting for them to send it back. 

Be happy to send to you bud