Fencing cost

Liam54

Good evening,

How much labour fees do people charge for constructing panel fencing with concrete posts and gravel boards?

I started fencing last year after a mate wanted 6ft feather edge at his home and from there have constructed a few other fences, all of them being feather edged where i was advised off a local fencer to charge £65 per meter which includes the supply of materials plus the labour. I have now been approached to construct a 6ft panel fence which is 50m in length and has to be concrete post and gravel board. The panels are quite expensive that customer wants still waiting on a price from TP but they arent cheap. So my main question is how much labour fees do you typically charge? I read elsewhere £40 per panel. There will be two of us constructing the fence.. 

I am also looking at purchasing an auger, I am looking at the one man post hole by 'Digga' and i am also looking at a kangol with auger attachment / option to add other attachments. If any one has experience using this equipment would like to hear good and bad. 

Cheers

Liam

£120 per bay for larchlap panels on concrete posts/boards so long as access good and a clear site. Would probably work out £60/£60 materials/labour as mentioned above. 

good luck getting hold of concrete posts and gravel boards at the moment though. 

• Like 1

Depends on your area but here around Essex 130 - 140 per bay materials and labour, that’s decent quality close boarded panels. That’s about 60 on materials. Disposal is extra - if it’s just soil, maybe 30 for a 6/7 bay domestic fence. More if you’re taking out old fence/concrete/timber all have different disposal costs.

never price on day rate for fencing

Edited by rapalaman
  • Like 4