la nordica

I’ve had a La Nordica Thermo Suprema in my home since 2014. It is absolutely fantastic. My radiators start getting hot around 25 minutes after I light the fire. I have used it to cook Christmas lunch successfully for 12+ people. It looks beautiful. Mine uses a 3-way valve and a low loss header to operate with a gas combi. Only thing I would change next time is to install with a thermal store (and indeed I may add one in future).  I can’t understand why these stoves don’t get more love - I remain delighted with mine after eight years of very regular use.

• 8 months later...

We have just had a Thermo-Suprema fitted, it heats a 200L water tank and 10 radiators effortlessly. It throws out a lot of heat to the kitchen too. The only major issue we have which doesn't seem to make any sense is that the oven temperature will not go above 120 degrees no matter what we do. Anyone have any suggestions? 

7 hours ago, TC Tree & Site Services said:

We have just had a Thermo-Suprema fitted, it heats a 200L water tank and 10 radiators effortlessly. It throws out a lot of heat to the kitchen too. The only major issue we have which doesn't seem to make any sense is that the oven temperature will not go above 120 degrees no matter what we do. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Have you checked the gauge is accurate by taking the oven temperature with something like an ir thermometer which is a handy bit of kit to have anyway. If gauges is accurate there maybe a diverter flap thats stuck or haven't operated yet  

Edited by slim reaper

9 hours ago, TC Tree & Site Services said:

I have one.

To get the oven hot you need the top dial set to the casserole dish symbol, you need the bottom dial set to max and you need to get a good pile of good dry logs in there and keep them fired up. Smaller rather than big logs help as they burn quicker.

I haven't found the openings on the door to make much of a difference to anything but keep them both about three quarters of an inch open. The pull out thing at the top that works a flap inside I keep pushed in, only seems to increase draw when first lighting.

I have an oven thermometer inside and it reads exactly the same as the one on the door.

It is a bit of an effort to get it up there and very unusual to get it over 200C, usually sits around 150 with the settings as above and fire ticking over. I can get it to 200 fairly easy but do need to be managing the fire. I use leyland mostly in mine or apple, leyland burns hot. Not saying that is what you need, that is just what I have.

Edited by Peasgood