la nordica

Had one for years in my old house, have bought a new one for my new house.

Did away with my electric oven and only used the stove for all cooking, heating and hot water. A bit puzzled why you are not using it for hot water as endless hot water was one of the big plus points.

They don't shut down and slumber very well but really I don't think they are supposed to. I found it needs refilling with wood every two hours (but that was with leyland rather than a better hard wood). Very unlikely to stay in over night.

Great big firebox and take 17" long logs

Obviously I am a fan as I have bought a new one having had one before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have a thermo suprema. I’m not entirely convinced by it. Mainly because it can take so long to get everything up to heat.
As above no way to stay in over night with wood and then you starting from scratch again. Sometimes takes three hours to get radiators going but probably governed by how much hot water in tank.
But like the look and feel and once going it can easily heat our home.

5 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Sounds like it needs combining with a thermal store so you can heat the store in the evening and have some warm for the rads next morning. My brother has a wood pellet stove and think this is the principle of his installation.

Exactly what I am doing with my new one. :)

• Like 1

I have an Esse Ironheart with a Boiler and I love it.

Its a joy to cook on.

The controls allow you to really fine tune it.

It takes half meter logs.

It has a Log only option that allows for deep filling of logs. 

The reported issues of being smokey when opening are in my opinion from people who cannot follow simple instructions. Follow them and you'll never have that issue. 

It heats my 280l hot water tank and a single radiator in the upstairs hallway. The tank has a separate coil for the Oil Condensing boiler but very rarely do we need it. Maybe in the summer? 

Its 10 or 11kw and it really throws out the heat.

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

Sounds like it needs combining with a thermal store so you can heat the store in the evening and have some warm for the rads next morning. My brother has a wood pellet stove and think this is the principle of his installation.

I was trying to get my head around the thermal store solution a while back. But it would seem that you don’t get all that much for the radiators the next morning unless you have a massive store. So it would be a lot of money to upgrade. Maybe it’s worth it but I’m unsure right now.

I have an Esse Ironheart with a Boiler and I love it.
Its a joy to cook on.
The controls allow you to really fine tune it.
It takes half meter logs.
It has a Log only option that allows for deep filling of logs. 

The reported issues of being smokey when opening are in my opinion from people who cannot follow simple instructions. Follow them and you'll never have that issue. 

It heats my 280l hot water tank and a single radiator in the upstairs hallway. The tank has a separate coil for the Oil Condensing boiler but very rarely do we need it. Maybe in the summer? 

Its 10 or 11kw and it really throws out the heat.

IMG_9752.thumb.jpg.803bf3120545fb013f376231294fa1dd.jpg

IMG_9753.thumb.jpg.5711c1d15a9b762de6068470dcfba596.jpg

Always liked the look of the Ironheart!
  • Like 1