BR600 Help

Ds Tree services

Depends on your budget to work ratio?

I'd order a bushing for it that is the right size for the rod and then 0.001" to 0.002" bigger (ideally 0.0015" oversize) than the pin. Install it by pressing it in with a vice, maybe use some green locktite to lock it in for sure and make install easier and give it a crack. You can also order key stock online and make a new key for the flywheel. I can't help with the measurements for the key though, I don't have a br600 to hand to measure for you! 

You could fix this for £10 if it's just the end bearing bushing and a new key. Lots of companies selling bushings. If you get one that's too long you can always cut it/file it/sand it back to size, just make sure to remove the burr

The bush is dooable, the key is no biggie either, just had one in where the exhaust screw came out, stuck to the flywheel magnet and bang, caught in the coil! Same damage to the flywheel.

New flywheels are not expensive, secondhand are cheaper or just clean up the shaft and flywheel and lock the crank in position and fit the flywheel it in as accurately as you can to the original position. It generally works OK but needs a bit of care not to turn the flywheel on torquing it down. 

just an update men.. I have orderd the bush from a firm called the bearingboys they did not have the exsact size however at 97p i have orderded 4 difrent ones hoping one will be perfect. I have sent for one of them 25 quid piston kits from ebay and a 8 quid seal kit from L&S as for the flywheel the woodruff key is cast in to it i will just do what spud ses for the moment a new one is £50.

If i wanted to i could swap the bearing bush for a needle roller they had some the right size it got me thinking?? lol

As soon as all the bits come i will be sure to update ohh and i will order another back pack just looking at stihl/husky.. Husky 2year sthil 1... 

3 hours ago, Ds Tree services said:

just an update men.. I have orderd the bush from a firm called the bearingboys they did not have the exsact size however at 97p i have orderded 4 difrent ones hoping one will be perfect. I have sent for one of them 25 quid piston kits from ebay and a 8 quid seal kit from L&S as for the flywheel the woodruff key is cast in to it i will just do what spud ses for the moment a new one is £50.

If i wanted to i could swap the bearing bush for a needle roller they had some the right size it got me thinking?? lol

As soon as all the bits come i will be sure to update ohh and i will order another back pack just looking at stihl/husky.. Husky 2year sthil 1... 

No reason you can't mod it to a needle roller but you would need a steel bush to act as the bearing face. A needle roller would eat a phos bronze bush 

A closed case needle may work well if you can get the three dimensions correct - inner & outer diameters and length. Not a bad idea.

On the flywheel, try to get the engine bang in a position where the key is bob on top or bottom of the shaft, clean the taper and flywheel, add a little thread lock and slide the flywheel on and get it vertical as possible, make sure the engine is locked in position and then tighten the nut lightly without moving the flywheel position so you retain correct ignition timing. Let the thread lock go off overnight then crank it up to full tightness and it should last just fine as the key is just to align the flywheel and not to hold it in position. On the KM 4 strokes, there are timing marks at TDC to set the valve timing, this machine should have them also and can be used to align the flywheel correctly.

Cheers Spud! i havent even looked in to timing it back up yet i will cross that bridge when i come to it.. I am beginning to think that the crank oil seales may have been the start if the problem however carnt be sure. When i stripped the engine it all had plenty of oil and i only use husky HP and in the past few years its probbally only the 2nd engine thats gone.. Oh well.. Hoping the parts come today so i can start to put it all back together... Whats crack with the £25 piston?

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, sarahdaniels said:
Not sure on the bush, I think there 
isn't one from the IPL (small end bearing). 
I'm not tearing these stuff apart, but I did it 
once and it wasn't as horrible as I thought it was. 
On the flywheel is the flywheel 
main, so there's no separate component!

:wtf: 

• Haha 1