BR600 Help

Ds Tree services

My BR600 back pack blower nipped up yesterday, i have stripped it and found the problem to be top end bearing failure. The problem i have is ordering the parts as theres a couple that do not show on stihls parts diagram the two i am strugling with are the woodruff key for the flywheel and the con rod top bearing its a small ? fossy bronze bush that goes in the top of the con rod. 

Can anyone help me??

The little end in the con rod you may not be able to buy separate, it may come as part/with the rod? So it may be a full new crank, @spudulike may be able to advise more? Woodroof key is probably a similar part on all other applications stihl do, not sure. Have you tried ringing Stihl uk or L&S Engineers and talking to someone, sure they would advise.

If you can't buy the bushing, you could press out the one in there and buy one the same size online. A £2.50 bushing beats buying a new crank...

Obviously, but capabilities for some and time in doing so dont always stack up. Sure there will be an economical resolve for the OP hopefully and if hes not in too much of a hurry for it. A good engineering shop would surely be able to sort thing i’m sure.
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

If you can't buy the bushing, you could press out the one in there and buy one the same size online. A £2.50 bushing beats buying a new crank...

I'm surprised it's a bush and not a needle roller bearing. I cannot think of a two stroke I have taken apart with a bush. Anyway if you buy a bush and press it in you would normally need to ream it to fit the gudgeon pin.

Not sure on the bush, from the IPL I suspect there isnt one(small end bearing). I avoid taking these things apart but did once and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The flywheel key is on the flywheel so there isn't a separate part!

Edited by spudulike

I've been through similar on a BG86 blower, the one that the casing screws unwind and jam up the flywheel. In this instance it shattered the little end of the conrod and would have required a whole crankshaft assembly; the parts weren't available separately. The cost of a whole new crank made it uneconomical to repair, I'm sure I remember it being the best part of £100 when our local dealer was selling the machines for something like £189.

4 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

only problem is it slplit when i pressed it out and i binned it... Doh.. i could take the size of the pin and the size of the hole in the crank and work it out i suppose?

50 minutes ago, spudulike said:

If the top end bearing has failed, what part are we talking about?? The needle bearing or is there a bush and that has failed?? Not sure I quite understand!

Yer spud you would normally have a needle bearing but this has a bush ? why maybe as its 4mix..??

Spoken to my local dealer and they are saying you need to buy the full new crank and con rod its £280 then £90 for the piston and £30 for the seals and other bits a new machine is £460... 

The only bit that failed was the top end bearing and the piston was slightley damaged. Looks like i will hafto keep an eye out on ebay..