Backpack blowers

averagearborist

The BR800 will piss all over any battery blower.

I bought one recently, it's a step up from the BR600 I used many moons ago but that was so long ago I can't judge exactly how much better it is. I wouldn't be without it not though, even if we only use it a couple of times a month. Brilliant for everything- moving leaves, blowing out the yard or cleaning out the yard logburner flue.

The problem with Stihl blowers is that they are all only £50 or so up from each other. So if you're looking at the 600 you may as well buy the 800.

I did see mentioned on here however, that the top of the range Echo is even more powerful and also cheaper.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, doobin said:

The BR800 will piss all over any battery blower.

Hardly surprising its a monster of a machine.

Feels like a jet pack on your back.

Its got double the n rating (whatever that is) of the biggest battery one.

My use would be for blowing the processor off & cleaning up on the last day.

Really want to try one & see what its like before I decide.

That or fuel up the Br800 I have & see if its major over kill.

But then its used.

Not sure if the battery would be up to that or not but having another 1 or 2 bats that can be used in the chainsaw would also be handy. 

One less fuel to carry too.

• 2 weeks later...

Another vote for the echo. Brilliant blower. Got a very neutral position when blowing so if you are using if for prolonged jobs it’s very comfy. Got the stihl as well. Barely take it out since getting the echo , save for bigger jobs when an extra blower speeds clearing up.

Just bought an Echo PB770 this morning, priced at €660 but my mate owns the store and dropped 10% off. Will be using it on Monday, got around 6 biggish, around 1 metre,  stumps to grind so looking forward to seeing if will do the business clearing the chippings. I've got one of the basic handheld  Echo, used it all the time for the last 6 years, it's never missed a beat but time to use something more powerful and easier on me. I really like the Echo range, two saws and now two blowers. Still got a Husky 15inch saw, absolute piece of crap, never felt comfy using it, Stilh Kombi, which I do like but for me Echo is my tools of choice.