Jump to content
Will C

Forst st8

Recommended Posts

Maybe not from the petrol, could it be coming into via the tank breather system, dust from chipping or exhaust particulates?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/06/2021 at 15:00, bigtreedon said:

My guess would be your problem is u run a greenmech = problems never known a person who runs a reliable one any company that thinks they need to re think the shape of chipper blade is unlikely to get everything els right 🤣

I ran two GreenMech wood chippers back in the mid 90's. One towed and one on a Unimog. They were reliable and well cared for by all the staff. I had one for three years and one for two before I packed in the tree business and went to work for GreenMech. I also ran a flat bladed machine which was reliable too. The flat blades occasionally burst and caused consequential damage, they often had to have an amount ground off them to get rid of imperfections and cost £340 per set and we had a couple of sets per year. The Disc Blades on the GreenMech units lasted longer, they were very forgiving, were easier to look after and I never purchased any more. 

 

Having sold GreenMech for 20 plus years, I'll stay loyal to them and the wider team of staff, dealers, owners (past, present and future).

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I ran two GreenMech wood chippers back in the mid 90's. One towed and one on a Unimog. They were reliable and well cared for by all the staff. I had one for three years and one for two before I packed in the tree business and went to work for GreenMech. I also ran a flat bladed machine which was reliable too. The flat blades occasionally burst and caused consequential damage, they often had to have an amount ground off them to get rid of imperfections and cost £340 per set and we had a couple of sets per year. The Disc Blades on the GreenMech units lasted longer, they were very forgiving, were easier to look after and I never purchased any more. 

 

Having sold GreenMech for 20 plus years, I'll stay loyal to them and the wider team of staff, dealers, owners (past, present and future).

Good bonus scheme ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2021 at 19:45, Ty Korrigan said:

Yes and if anyone could put a finger on just what I am doing wrong I would eternally gratefull.

Currently, the big question is what pollutants are passing the 30 micron pre-filter without leaving a trace and blocking the 10 micron within the Efi pump which is a non-servicable part.

I've checked my fuel receipts going back to September 2020 and all are from same petrol station.

The Honda and Lonicin carb machines are unaffected.

 

   Stuart

 

IMG-20210518-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210518-WA0005.jpg

I'd stick a 30 micron in line filter in there, as big as you can get so it doesn't mess up fuel pressures then look at where it's come from. 

 

I'll have a gander in my tank and see what's in there. I'd suggest the fuel station you use is crap or you have it coming from a breather but that's a lot of fine junk from a breather pipe. 

 

Maybe you had one bad batch or a dirty can and you've got a tank full of shite and it's dragging it in? Pull the tank off, clean it and start a fresh

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Good bonus scheme ☺️

Far from the truth to be honest and I've turned down some sweet packages over the years too. I went through an awful divorce period some years ago. The MD questioned me on arrangements for my kids.  He insisted that I ensure that they are scooped up early on every Wednesday and at the appropriate time every other Friday. A reps job is long hours and going where the business is....9 months later, at SALTEX at Windsor Racecourse, he sent me off home on the Wednesday at lunch time, to drive to North Leicestershire, to do my thing with the kids.....I doubt many other employers would have been so understanding then or since and that is worth far more than the monetary rewards.

 

And as said, I believe in the product, the team, the dealers and our buyers. Job satisfaction.....

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Far from the truth to be honest and I've turned down some sweet packages over the years too. I went through an awful divorce period some years ago. The MD questioned me on arrangements for my kids.  He insisted that I ensure that they are scooped up early on every Wednesday and at the appropriate time every other Friday. A reps job is long hours and going where the business is....9 months later, at SALTEX at Windsor Racecourse, he sent me off home on the Wednesday at lunch time, to drive to North Leicestershire, to do my thing with the kids.....I doubt many other employers would have been so understanding then or since and that is worth far more than the monetary rewards.

 

And as said, I believe in the product, the team, the dealers and our buyers. Job satisfaction.....

You like you job pete and like your employer so all you can ask for buddy. Bet you have had some free rugger tickets along the way musch 😁 I have as a buyer and always whooped the english in cardiff as it happens 💪🙃🤪😏☺️😁💪

Edited by topchippyles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I'd stick a 30 micron in line filter in there, as big as you can get so it doesn't mess up fuel pressures then look at where it's come from. 

 

I'll have a gander in my tank and see what's in there. I'd suggest the fuel station you use is crap or you have it coming from a breather but that's a lot of fine junk from a breather pipe. 

 

Maybe you had one bad batch or a dirty can and you've got a tank full of shite and it's dragging it in? Pull the tank off, clean it and start a fresh

The engine comes as standard with a 30 micron pre-filter.

The mechanic is now fitting a 10 micron.

Just what pollutant traversed the pre-filter to block the pumps own 10 micron is beyond all ken.

I've given up on the machine. 

If I could have slid a diesel into it I'd have kept it but it is now 2 months in a mechanics workshop so I'm moving it on, sadly.

I'm considering running 3 CS100 wee chippettes and pay €5 per hour to hungry post brexit Brits for feeding them... 

  Stuart

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

The engine comes as standard with a 30 micron pre-filter.

The mechanic is now fitting a 10 micron.

Just what pollutant traversed the pre-filter to block the pumps own 10 micron is beyond all ken.

I've given up on the machine. 

If I could have slid a diesel into it I'd have kept it but it is now 2 months in a mechanics workshop so I'm moving it on, sadly.

I'm considering running 3 CS100 wee chippettes and pay €5 per hour to hungry post brexit Brits for feeding them... 

  Stuart

 

Sorry, I meant a 10 micron 🤦🏼

 

To be fair, not many dusts are between 10-30 microns in their airborne form!Screenshot_20210603-225951.thumb.png.dffee2a2267a883feff59714bcfbe57a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

The engine comes as standard with a 30 micron pre-filter.

The mechanic is now fitting a 10 micron.

Just what pollutant traversed the pre-filter to block the pumps own 10 micron is beyond all ken.

I've given up on the machine. 

If I could have slid a diesel into it I'd have kept it but it is now 2 months in a mechanics workshop so I'm moving it on, sadly.

I'm considering running 3 CS100 wee chippettes and pay €5 per hour to hungry post brexit Brits for feeding them... 

  Stuart

 

Tool. "Hungry post brexit brits" 

You bought a small petrol chipper with a b and s engine when even the house cat knew they had been making shyte for the past number of years, never mind their financial situation. Product research isnt just about cubes chipped per hour or nearest dealer. company stability, third party product warranty etc are just as important. You're condescending tone and constant bitching is relentless, you bought a nail. Be a man and suck it up, now go

buy a bandit, vermeer, tp, tw, schliesing, farmi or whatever and shut up about it.

 

Ps, chippers are constantly under major stress. It's a credit to those companies which produce sub 750kg machines that can munch a six inch oak branch without exploding, never mind doing it for years, day in day out. Its daft emission regulation which has hurt reliability, so maybe cut the companies some slack and see it from their point of view, if you can't, and if it bothers you that much, restore an older machine.

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.