Forst st8

Will C

24 minutes ago, carlos said:

is it my fancy or do you seem to have a lot of chipper problems??

Yes and if anyone could put a finger on just what I am doing wrong I would eternally gratefull.

Currently, the big question is what pollutants are passing the 30 micron pre-filter without leaving a trace and blocking the 10 micron within the Efi pump which is a non-servicable part.

I've checked my fuel receipts going back to September 2020 and all are from same petrol station.

The Honda and Lonicin carb machines are unaffected.

Stuart

IMG-20210518-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210518-WA0005.jpg

I have the same engine on my Rayco grinder, only with a carburetor instead of injection.

Not an missed beat in 6 years, admittedly not as much use as your chipper.

It’s a conundrum, but sometimes you have to just say ‘bollocks to it!’ Put it back together and move it on, forget about losses and go forward.

The Forst was a bloody millstone round my neck, but it’s gone now, at a fair price with everything fixable fixed.

I’m ready to be hurt again now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 31/05/2021 at 19:45, Ty Korrigan said:

Yes and if anyone could put a finger on just what I am doing wrong I would eternally gratefull.

Currently, the big question is what pollutants are passing the 30 micron pre-filter without leaving a trace and blocking the 10 micron within the Efi pump which is a non-servicable part.

I've checked my fuel receipts going back to September 2020 and all are from same petrol station.

Stuart

IMG-20210518-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210518-WA0005.jpg

I’d try a different petrol station - that sediment has come from somewhere (and more than likely passes through a carb no probs). 
Can you get a 10-micron pre-filter (even if you have to plumb a couple in parallel to allow enough flow)?

Fuel injection systems are more susceptible to bad fuel than old-fashioned carburettors sadly.

• Like 5

On 31/05/2021 at 19:45, Ty Korrigan said:

Stuart

IMG-20210518-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20210518-WA0005.jpg

What machine is this from? 

Stuart

IMG-20210518-WA0003.thumb.jpg.6ed419366f64dd35644de8359cfabdc4.jpg
IMG-20210518-WA0005.thumb.jpg.f05bb653be6ca6d94f570c8d61304e35.jpg
My guess would be your problem is u run a greenmech = problems never known a person who runs a reliable one any company that thinks they need to re think the shape of chipper blade is unlikely to get everything els right 🤣
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Khriss said:

( and are you filling from jerricans   ??  )

Rarely use stored petrol (except when the French blocade refineries) and that I do use is kept in pristine used Aspen containers.

I'll ask the mechanic, if he ever leaves hospital, if the gummy deposits on the filter can be identified.

@bigtreedon This is not a GM issue. It is a Briggs Vanguard problem.

The engine has a separate warranty from the rest of the machine.

Sadly, no-one seems keen to become a Briggs Efi certified mechanic so their aftersales service is thin in the ground.

This lack of mechanics able to work on Efi is in itself reason enough not to buy another.

Next machine will have a straight forward Kubota diesel that any tractor dealer can work on.

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Rarely use stored petrol (except when the French blocade refineries) and that I do use is kept in pristine used Aspen containers.
I'll ask the mechanic, if he ever leaves hospital, if the gummy deposits on the filter can be identified.
@bigtreedon This is not a GM issue. It is a Briggs Vanguard problem.
The engine has a separate warranty from the rest of the machine.
Sadly, no-one seems keen to become a Briggs Efi certified mechanic so their aftersales service is thin in the ground.
This lack of mechanics able to work on Efi is in itself reason enough not to buy another.
Next machine will have a straight forward Kubota diesel that any tractor dealer can work on.
   Stuart

Is the chipper not a greenmech? With a briggs engine in it [emoji848]