Now new blower wont run on aspen

miker

3 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Come on now stubbs lots of us are christians (easter sunday) but we do not pray to jesus every night so the moral of the story do not believe everything you read 👴 I bet the local jehovah group love knocking on your door.

Not seen the JW for decades . Do you believe anything you read , at all ?

I’m always interested to see where the Supermarkets produce their fuels. Must be some secret underground lab?

It can’t possibly be the same refineries the likes of Grangemouth that receives oil from the Forties Pipeline that carries over half a million barrels a day in from the U.K. and Norwegian sector’s? [emoji16]

Great... there are different additives and then there is contamination... either from transport or storage but my experience is supermarkets will deny everything despite having a garage report saying that is what it is.
I’ve experienced first hand fuel contamination from a Sainsbury’s in Bedfordshire and the seizing of saws , a friends car ended up in the garage the same day there are too many people with similar experiences of supermarket fuels to mine to make it coincidental.. from vehicles, plant too two stroke engines I also think a high reving two stroke is far more likely to suffer from contaminated fuel than a car.....
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Great... there are different additives and then there is contamination... either from transport or storage but my experience is supermarkets will deny everything despite having a garage report saying that is what it is.
I’ve experienced first hand fuel contamination from a Sainsbury’s in Bedfordshire and the seizing of saws , a friends car ended up in the garage the same day there are too many people with similar experiences of supermarket fuels to mine to make it coincidental.. from vehicles, plant too two stroke engines I also think a high reving two stroke is far more likely to suffer from contaminated fuel than a car.....

Heard it all now. 🤣

Id sooner believe reports like this than stories told down the pub....

WWW.WHICH.CO.UK

Should you be concerned about supermarket petrol quality? Find out what you need to know about supermarket petrol...

Edited by trigger_andy

I'm sure it will be. They know I'm running it on aspen anyway. Pretty sure it's what they put in there for set up anyway as I don't imagine they go out to get fuel and mix it when they can just get a bottle of aspen out. 

It’ll av been fired up on motomix no doubt, stihl’s alkylate version, be practically same as aspen i expect. You not want to run it on motomix? No arguments regards warranty then what so ever.

1 hour ago, Ratman said:

It’ll av been fired up on motomix no doubt, stihl’s alkylate version, be practically same as aspen i expect. You not want to run it on motomix? No arguments regards warranty then what so ever.

Is there an issue with warranty and aspen? I use aspen 4 with Stihl HP Ultra mixed with it. I can't imagine that would be a warranty issue? I'll ask them when I pick it up 

• Like 1

Is there an issue with warranty and aspen? I use aspen 4 with Stihl HP Ultra mixed with it. I can't imagine that would be a warranty issue? I'll ask them when I pick it up 

No not that i know of, was just looking at it from an easiest point of view, if ya know what i mean. If you have easier access to aspen rather than motomix and it works for ya then should be fine [emoji106]