Jump to content
miker

Now new blower wont run on aspen

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

 

 


I’m always interested to see where the Supermarkets produce their fuels. Must be some secret underground lab?

It can’t possibly be the same refineries the likes of Grangemouth that receives oil from the Forties Pipeline that carries over half a million barrels a day in from the U.K. and Norwegian sector’s? emoji16.png

I know , and you know Andy that it is the same refineries its just the final " mix " that differs . Solvents , aromatics , ethanol and all the other snot and shit that goes in .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stubby said:

I know , and you know Andy that it is the same refineries its just the final " mix " that differs . Solvents , aromatics , ethanol and all the other snot and shit that goes in .

Where do they do this final mix? At the same refineries? Potentially this mix 'could' affect a modern large engine, cleanliness, fuel efficiency and octane boosters should you feel the need for that. Nothing I can see that running a chainsaw really needs or will affect it. The octane level in our regular pump fuel is higher than what they have in the US for a start. 

 

Ive ran every single car Ive owned on whatever Pump is closest to me. Generally thats Tesco and the last few new or nearly new cars Ive had has not been affected at all. 

 

If Supermarkets had a higher Ethanol content than the likes of BP and Shell then Id avoid them, but they dont as its all the same fuel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Where do they do this final mix? At the same refineries?

As far as I know yes .  I am no expert bud , far from it . Maybes I am wrong . Just going on what I have read , mostly from TCD posting ( who is not a member anymore ) He had a degree in petrochemical shit ...🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stubby said:

As far as I know yes .  I am no expert bud , far from it . Maybes I am wrong . Just going on what I have read , mostly from TCD posting ( who is not a member anymore ) He had a degree in petrochemical shit ...🙂

Come on now stubbs lots of us are christians (easter sunday) but we do not pray to jesus every night so the moral of the story do not believe everything you read 👴 I bet the local jehovah group love knocking on your door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where do they do this final mix? At the same refineries? Potentially this mix 'could' affect a modern large engine, cleanliness, fuel efficiency and octane boosters should you feel the need for that. Nothing I can see that running a chainsaw really needs or will affect it. The octane level in our regular pump fuel is higher than what they have in the US for a start. 
 
Ive ran every single car Ive owned on whatever Pump is closest to me. Generally thats Tesco and the last few new or nearly new cars Ive had has not been affected at all. 
 
If Supermarkets had a higher Ethanol content than the likes of BP and Shell then Id avoid them, but they dont as its all the same fuel. 


Got to be a difference somewhere as I get an extra 60 miles to a tank using shell standard diesel then if I fill at the supermarkets I get a lot less to a tank. This is the same for my father as well who has a petrol car.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, butters said:

 


Got to be a difference somewhere as I get an extra 60 miles to a tank using shell standard diesel then if I fill at the supermarkets I get a lot less to a tank. This is the same for my father as well who has a petrol car.

 

Yes, different additives. Same fuel. Additives that will not make a blind bit off difference to a chainsaw. 
 

There is nothing in supermarket fuels that will harm any engine out there let alone a chainsaw. Supposedly better detergents in branded fuel, help with emissions and stop you failing the MOT. Never had an issue with this either. 

 

Ive done the MPG thing with both Supermarket and Branded diesel as well. The only time I seen a noticeable difference was with Shell Plus and BP Optimax. But then you’re paying that much more for it. Reading on-line this seems to be the general consensus as well. 
 

I’m not so forgiving with my right foot though. I’m getting 22mpg outta my Jeep whilst the missus gets close to 28. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know what the difference is, but if I fill my predator grinder with supermarket fuel it hates it, popping, backfiring or completely giving up. Flush the system, refill with shell, texaco , bp etc and all is fine again. Happened several times from different supermarket stations so too much to be a coincidence. Hence is only use branded petrol in all my machines now

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, rapalaman said:

I don’t know what the difference is, but if I fill my predator grinder with supermarket fuel it hates it, popping, backfiring or completely giving up. Flush the system, refill with shell, texaco , bp etc and all is fine again. Happened several times from different supermarket stations so too much to be a coincidence. Hence is only use branded petrol in all my machines now

Do you check wot E number they are? I seen variations. K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Khriss said:

Do you check wot E number they are? I seen variations. K

E numbers are in sweets 🍬 ent they?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.