Now new blower wont run on aspen

miker

11 minutes ago, GardenKit said:

To be honest, although the OP thinks the hedgecutters were fine before he put Aspen in, it could be that they were actually only adequate and could have been improved by a good PDI, which, if it made them a bit richer may have enabled them to run on Aspen.
Many new machines need a bit of tuning 'out of the box' to achieve best performance .

I dont use Aspen,never have so don,t know about it but looking on at this thread it seems like everyone is keen to blame the machines for all the problems,now i,m not saying it,s not that, but brand new Husky machines that ran alright before he put Aspen in,now that doesn,t sound like faulty machines to me 

1 minute ago, gary112 said:

I dont use Aspen,never have so don,t know about it but looking on at this thread it seems like everyone is keen to blame the machines for all the problems,now i,m not saying it,s not that, but brand new Husky machines that ran alright before he put Aspen in,now that doesn,t sound like faulty machines to me 

Fair point, but as I have said before, some machines will need a slight retune to run  well on Aspen. This is well known and well accepted.
I have been supplying new machines set up to run on Aspen for a decade with very few issues like the ones reported by the OP, but the few that have initially been a bit temperamental have all been remedied. It has been the machines that have been wrong initially, not the fuel.
I have to admit though that I do not sell Huskie and have not set up new Huskies for many years, but will be amazed if they wont run on Aspen.

• Like 4

My blower was brand new first fuel it ever had through it was aspen. Dealer tuned it there but never seemed right. Then one day ran out of aspen so put pump petrol in and ran so much better. More power and more responsive.

I’m not a hater of aspen as I really wanted to like it as I would of swapped top handles and hedge trimmers to aspen but this has put me off slightly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Don't know about hedge cutters but I think  Husqvarna saws are run up at the factory on alkylate fuel . Originally Aspen and now the Husqvarna version .

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, butters said:

My blower was brand new first fuel it ever had through it was aspen. Dealer tuned it there but never seemed right. Then one day ran out of aspen so put pump petrol in and ran so much better. More power and more responsive.

I’m not a hater of aspen as I really wanted to like it as I would of swapped top handles and hedge trimmers to aspen but this has put me off slightly.

There again, it could just be an issue of tuning, even though it has been tuned it may not have been tuned quite right. Just a fraction of a turn on the screw can make all the difference.

• Like 1

Right, i have drained the aspen out of the blower, refilled with petrol and stihl 2 stroke oil ( i have used this for years with no problems ) i have tuned carb and is now running well

Not blaming the aspen in any way, i was just curios as to weather i had a bad batch

I  will run a few tanks through and then go back to aspen to see what happens

I  will update soon

• Like 5

3 hours ago, GardenKit said:

Interested to know what makes the Husqvarna fuel better ADW. Can you link me in to spec sheets so that I can compare?

I have it on good authority that the Husqvarna fuel is much purer than Aspen, I believe Aspen is made from different blends, we used Aspen until the Husqvarna fuel was made available, I am convinced there were quality issue where certain containers of Aspen would not work properly, machine hard to start and general poor running.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adw said:

I have it on good authority that the Husqvarna fuel is much purer than Aspen, I believe Aspen is made from different blends, we used Aspen until the Husqvarna fuel was made available, I am convinced there were quality issue where certain containers of Aspen would not work properly, machine hard to start and general poor running.

Wow, very bold claims ADW. I would love to see some spec sheets on the Huskie stuff.

Edited by GardenKit
  • Like 3