Now new blower wont run on aspen

miker

5 minutes ago, gary112 said:

A while back i had someone help me for a day sawing and he brought a week old Echo which he was running on Aspen,it was running crap and stalling and he was getting pi&&ed off with it so we put my pump fuel with Husky xp oil in it,5 mins later it was running perfect and hasn,t missed a beat since,needles to say he now uses pump fuel.just saying like

Its no secret that some of the " smaller " 2T engines need to be adjusted to run on Alkeylate fuel .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Its no secret that some of the " smaller " 2T engines need to be adjusted to run on Alkeylate fuel .

He was just a bit pi&&ed off that a new saw on supposedly the best fuel was running like crap compared to my old 550xp

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gary112 said:

He was just a bit pi&&ed off that a new saw on supposedly the best fuel was running like crap compared to my old 550xp

Oh yes , understood Gary . Conversely if it had been tuned from the get go to run on alkylate fuel it might have run shit on pump fuel .

• Like 2

After trying to run and wanting to run aspen on machines a few years back I would not bother now to much hassle, machines needed new carbs ,fuel systems became incontinent to major engine failures not being covered by warranty and then there is the price ... you can’t put a price on health and that’s why battery is the way forward or buying a bandsaw if your milling ..just use non supermarket pump fuel and the best quality synthetic mix you can get.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MattyF said:

After trying to run and wanting to run aspen on machines a few years back I would not bother now to much hassle, machines needed new carbs ,fuel systems became incontinent to major engine failures not being covered by warranty and then there is the price ... you can’t put a price on health and that’s why battery is the way forward or buying a bandsaw if your milling ..just use non supermarket pump fuel and the best quality synthetic mix you can get.

Agreed,a few people i know who have tried to switch to Aspen have had trouble and gone back to pump fuel,wether it be with older saws or new ones

just use non supermarket pump fuel and the best quality synthetic mix you can get.

I’m always interested to see where the Supermarkets produce their fuels. Must be some secret underground lab?

It can’t possibly be the same refineries the likes of Grangemouth that receives oil from the Forties Pipeline that carries over half a million barrels a day in from the U.K. and Norwegian sector’s? [emoji16]
  • Like 1