Now new blower wont run on aspen

miker

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

Bizarrely enough, my Husky 525 blower which has been ran exclusively on Aspen started playing up at the exact time this thread was started! And I’m called Mike too, @miker have you unleashed a hex or annoyed a witch who has cursed all Husky blowers owned by people called Mike?! 😂

Jokes aside, I mentioned this to my good friend @Gray git who reckons it just needs some tuning to alleviate the problem which is down to the cold weather we’ve been having. He did explain it all to me but I was drinking beer so the information has been forgotten. Seems plausible though and I’ll let him sort it for me as he is such a good guy 😜

This is getting more spooky by the hour lol. hope you get sorted

• 1 month later...

Following on from this, I have a local customer who purchased a drum of Aspen and most of his kit now has running issues.

His MS150T stopped idling and would stall - that was the easy one, richen up the L screw and speed up the idle - bingo.

BR700 & BR600  back pack blowers - one would pop but not run, the other dead. Had the BR700 apart, adjust the tappets which I always do and went through the carb - clean the strainer, cleaner down the H&L screw hole etc. It would now run flat out but the low speed part of the carb was dead, no idle.

I had to resort to the ultrasonic cleaner, strip the carb right down and then clean it for 40 mins with a bit more carb cleaner in the H&L screw holes half way through. This did it and the machine worked so repeated on the BR600 and had the same result.

All I can think is the Aspen purged something from the tank and whatever it was, stopped the carb check valve working or blocked the low speed carb circuit.

I have had this before but not had to resort to the US cleaner before.

No doubt I will get a lot more of his kit through over the next few days:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is strange but....it has wiped this fella out, taken me a long while to get them sorted. The MS150 was pretty normal and a re-tune sorted it within minutes but these blowers were something else! definitely carb related and no retune was going to get them running correctly!!

Just read your post again....the 881 must be just a few months old....probably the reason it is OK!!

Edited by spudulike
  • Like 1

881 is basically unused till adding the motomix, the others were 018, 180 for a guy who uses very infrequently, both had full rebuilds, new oem pots/pistons and carbs, i just put it down to the fact that they are on a non fully adjustable carb and simply just dont like the alkylate fuel 🤷‍♂️ and the other a 024 woodboss which is very tidy and have kept for myself, this is on a fully adjustable carb obviously, my next step was to do as you have and put the carb through the ultrasonic bath. Not high on my list of priorities at the mo so will do it when i get a bit further on through my never ending list of tasks 🤠

A while back i had someone help me for a day sawing and he brought a week old Echo which he was running on Aspen,it was running crap and stalling and he was getting pi&&ed off with it so we put my pump fuel with Husky xp oil in it,5 mins later it was running perfect and hasn,t missed a beat since,needles to say he now uses pump fuel.just saying like

Edited by gary112
  • Like 1