Morso lion baffle fabrication

• 4 weeks later...

Stove was built 88 - 95,  so its at least 25 years old,  but for a Morso thats not excessive if looked after.    I think you  [or someone else) contacted me as a Morso dealer about this last year and we were disappointed not to be able to help.   If you have been able to get one fabricated i would be interested in the guys details so that I can put others in touch in the future.

Thanks

A

21 hours ago, Alycidon said:

Stove was built 88 - 95,  so its at least 25 years old,  but for a Morso thats not excessive if looked after.    I think you  [or someone else) contacted me as a Morso dealer about this last year and we were disappointed not to be able to help.   If you have been able to get one fabricated i would be interested in the guys details so that I can put others in touch in the future.

Thanks

A

Hi Geoff

The reason I replied to Graham was that we had an enquiry some weeks back, to fabricate a Morso Lion Baffle Plate and accompanying bricks. I now realise that it was Graham that we sold the kit to via eBay. We have consequently supplied a further four sets over the last few weeks. You can see what we produce on our website: www.morsoheaven.co.uk , you will also see a very nice testimonial on one of the kits that we sold. We also do full door refurbishments and at the present time, we overhaul approximately 100 Morso Squirrel doors a year.

If I can help anyone else out, please get in touch.

Ash

12 hours ago, htb said:

Ash.

Do you do Morso Panther spares, baffle plate and back plate.

Thanks

Good Morning Htb

The parts you require are still available from Morso, if you contact Alycidon, he will be able to help you out with this I am sure, as he is a Morso agent and has supplied me in the past. It is very difficult and expensive to cast new parts, as most people are unaware, you need a mold which is 2% larger than the item you require. If you just take a cast from a part, be it a back or a top, when it cools it will be too small. The only other alternative is to fabricate it from steel, which does have a small difference in expansion coefficient but I have had no problems with this in the past.  I have even made a top for a Morso out of steel and we are still using the stove here after 9 years without issue.

Ash

www.morsoheaven.co.uk

12 hours ago, frammo said:

Dunno why I bother🙄

Good Morning Frammo

Graham only registered with Arbtalk to try and obtain a baffle plate and as he has successfully had one manufactured by myself, he hasn't been back to the site since.

It's not as simple as it may initially seem, as the original Morso Lion baffle plate is made of cast iron and has intricate curves/semi circles, which would be very time consuming to make out of steel and therefore not cost effective for the end user. Also I have never seen one that isn't warped and distorted, so what I did is started from scratch and made the baffle plate and bricks similar to the way in which Clearview do theirs.

I hope this helps.

Ash

www.morsoheaven.co.uk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ash1 said:

Good Morning Htb

The parts you require are still available from Morso, if you contact Alycidon, he will be able to help you out with this I am sure, as he is a Morso agent and has supplied me in the past. It is very difficult and expensive to cast new parts, as most people are unaware, you need a mold which is 2% larger than the item you require. If you just take a cast from a part, be it a back or a top, when it cools it will be too small. The only other alternative is to fabricate it from steel, which does have a small difference in expansion coefficient but I have had no problems with this in the past.  I have even made a top for a Morso out of steel and we are still using the stove here after 9 years without issue.

Ash

www.morsoheaven.co.uk

I am a Morso center of excellence,  assuming its a 2110 or 2130 Panther then I do have the bricks in stock,  these are genuine Morso bricks and are made from a heavy clay rather than lightweight vermiculite board you find in the non genuine aftermarket.   There are two different baffle plates depending on the model of Panther,  I dont stock either,   lead time from Morso Denmark is about mid April for the later one.  Costs for the baffle plate is either £46 ( early models) or £50 ( later models )depending on the model,  inc VAT.   Morso no longer carry any stock at all in the UK.

There should be a plate or sticker on the lower part of the rear heatshield,   a pic of the plate would be handy,  failing that a pic of the front of the stove with the doors closed,  I am especially interested in the air control lever under the ash lip and if that ash lip is bolted on or part of the bottom casting.

If it does not have a water boiler in it the models usually sold in the UK were/are:

e mail the pics if necessary to

[email protected]

Thanks

A