The woodsure scheme, do we need it?

william petts

27 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Anyway I like to do things in a straight forward and above board way. 

Exactly the sort of person these schemes are designed to sucker in.

No doubt you would be horrified to have ever sold a log that was not fit to burn or had told the customer they needed seasoning before use if otherwise. Your customers are not going to benefit and you will be out of pocket. That is how these things work, be it driver CPC, Red Tractor assurance for farmers and any other of the multiple schemes out there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Exactly the sort of person these schemes are designed to sucker in.

No doubt you would be horrified to have ever sold a log that was not fit to burn or had told the customer they needed seasoning before use if otherwise. Your customers are not going to benefit and you will be out of pocket. That is how these things work, be it driver CPC, Red Tractor assurance for farmers and any other of the multiple schemes out there.

So law abiding citizens are now suckers.

Pretty much sums up the shit hole Arbtalk has become.

27 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

So law abiding citizens are now suckers.

Pretty much sums up the shit hole Arbtalk has become.

If you feel insulted by my post you have misunderstood me, I certainly didn't call you or anyone else a sucker. I was actually commending you for being a trustworthy log supplier that didn't need further regulation.

The comment about Arbtalk was a bit of a surprise to me too

• Like 1

For those people already signed up to woodsure have they kept up their end of the bargain. Has being affiliated with woodsure brought you a lot more business due to their advertising . Have you felt the extra support since joining . Has this scheme improved things for you and your customers ? 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, gensetsteve said:

For those people already signed up to woodsure have they kept up their end of the bargain. Has being affiliated with woodsure brought you a lot more business due to their advertising . Have you felt the extra support since joining . Has this scheme improved things for you and your customers ? 

It’s not a bargaining thing- it’s legalised extortion. 

• Like 3

Well, as a potential customer, I've not heard anything. If I didn't read Arbtalk I'd have no idea about the Woodsure scheme.

Being a remote property, i.e. not on mains gas, I often get stuff from the council offering grants for a new oil boiler (ones where someone pockets the grant and the boiler costs more to install than if I did it myself).

But I've not had anything about Woodsure or efficient wood burners.

• Like 1

And in screwing the small producer it's leaving the door open for big companies to come in and import wood from all over Europe and beyond, hence massively increasing the "log miles" going into wood burners. Is that really a Green Scheme? Well done Mr Government!

• Like 10