will we get robbed ??

Jack.P

Just sold a few bits that wasn’t needed and met buyer at the garage 

some scruffy old tranny tree wagon turns up with the whole family on board .wouldn't say pikeys as such but one had the tracksuit on and none paying any attention to social distancing 

Also Very keen to get something for nothing and wanted to know everything I had even though not for sale

get the feeling they will be back at some point to take the lot .maybe I will move everything out for 6 months but all a faf 

(They saw  some of the gear but 50% of it they don’t know where it is )

Edited by Jack.P

Want hit you now but maybe in 6 months, 

That’s the problem selling stuff never know how is turning up, brother had someone come and look at land rover years ago and was definitely a picky then he got talk about access to were he lived, one road in and the same one out then I pope up and said, one way in and no way out if its dark. 

1 minute ago, nepia said:

If you met the buyer at the garage - your car garage or a petrol station? - how does he know where your gear is?

only to clarify its a garage /storage unit at the house that’s sometimes got a car in .some of the good stuff was hidden which they didn’t see but still lots they did notice 

I’m more worried aswell if they were travellers ive probably now have got covid .(a load up the road had it  )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack.P said:

Just sold a few bits that wasn’t needed and met buyer at the garage 

some scruffy old tranny tree wagon turns up with the whole family on board .wouldn't say pikeys as such but one had the tracksuit on and none paying any attention to social distancing 

Also Very keen to get something for nothing and wanted to know everything I had even though not for sale

get the feeling they will be back at some point to take the lot .maybe I will move everything out for 6 months but all a faf 

(They saw  some of the gear but 50% of it they don’t know where it is )

Probably yes! could be completely ligit though and just want to buy more gear, golden rule is though never ever lead anybody to your treasure trove let alone let them cast a  beady eye over it take your goods and chattles to your home front or back door or on driveway to sell

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Essexlogman said:

Probably yes! could be completely ligit though and just want to buy more gear, golden rule is though never ever lead anybody to your treasure trove let alone let them cast a  beady eye over it take your goods and chattles to your home front or back door or on driveway to sell

What he says^^^

9 minutes ago, Essexlogman said:

Good point and done that before but not always as practical .tried to make it covid safe but completely failed