will we get robbed ??

Jack.P

32 minutes ago, Conner said:

I was once told by a copper don’t use a bat. Have one of the 6 cell long torches to hand. So you can see in dark and just happened to have it in your hand. Baseball bat can be classed as a weapon apparently emoji848.png

The story was that each time a policeman took out his truncheon in anger he had to record the event in his notebook, far easier to carry a D celled maglight around.

2 hours ago, Conner said:

I was once told by a copper don’t use a bat. Have one of the 6 cell long torches to hand. So you can see in dark and just happened to have it in your hand. Baseball bat can be classed as a weapon apparently emoji848.png

If you do have to wallop a trespasser, try to hit them below neck level and with the blunt side of whatever handy tool you happen to have nearby in your house.

Hope you didn’t advertise your spare stuff to sell on AT - because if you did - they could be reading this thread! 

It’s horrible having to worry about your stuff though: not just the idea of losing what you’ve worked hard for and what you need - but the intrusion and the worry of confrontation. 

At least you’ve got that forewarned gut feeling and can do something to protect your gear and home - using some of the ideas from the helpful advice given on your thread.

Not all Travellers and Gypsies are as some claim though. Not all people with no fixed abode are out to get other folk’s stuff. It’s worth bearing in mind that as more and more people lose jobs and homes - more and more people will find themselves in positions they’d never have imagined themselves to be faced with before Covid19. Let’s not suppose that they will all turn to theft to survive as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2021 at 00:56, OOO said:

- more and more people will find themselves in positions they’d never have imagined themselves to be faced with before Covid19. Let’s not suppose that they will all turn to theft to survive as well.

well i hope they dont turn to pinching other peoples tools .... never been an excuse for it , never will be . covid isnt an excuse either...take a look at the employment forum , its certainly not full of people looking for work , quite the opposite

I would trust your gut feeling... and that’s having had a lot of gear nicked over the years from odd chippers to complete clean outs ... the twice I was cleaned out completely I had a gut feeling after having to unfortunately deal with the kind of folk you are describing but I believe the other three chippers and a few saws where opportunity thefts.. there are folk out there who make a living from professional thievery and some are bloody good at it... Shame they can’t put there good efforts in to doing legit work that won’t cause severe financial and mental pain to there victims..

• Like 4