Timber weight and m3

If only we could do a bit of standardising like the above post. We seem to lack the ability to create fairness between each party as of course everyone wants their cut for the slog involved. Good post, interesting to hear different points of view on the subject.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 10 months later...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evening all im new to the forum

i have a query in regards to firewood

ive recently taked delivery of 100 tonnes of oak limbs and rounds i think is the term for firewood can any one confirm the amount of firewood that will be in metres cubed ?

ive had varying responses from other sources

thanks

jwg

• 4 weeks later...

Can I put my two pence worth in? I find with coppicing where I do each Lott is different ref terrain, access etc... This effects the costings of each woodland and this is how I price my stacks. I take all the factors like time, fuel and extraction into consideration and then sell based on my figures. I have very good deals in place with the land owner which is either payment is the timber felled in return for coppicing service or we give them a percentage of the sale value. Ie one acre next to a good artic access track will cost less than extracting one acre three miles to an artic access. I always sell by vol not tonnage and make the hauler or customer aware of this, that way you can sell green or seasoned no fuss i find it works so long as the communication is good.