Wholesale kindling buyers

fsckindling

Hi there im brand new to the forum.

i currently produce 2000 bags a week for a very well known supplier in plastic printed bags that is all over the country. i feel the prices are very low and was just wondering if anyone else bulk supplies their whole supply to a large company  that has the large contracts across the country.

we currently recieve a low amount per bag due to it being bulk and looking to see if anyone else knows of good companies to approach to produce for them.

we use brand new clean dry FSC softwood which is all dry stored and processed and palleted. 

we've been doing it for around 7 years now just feel as though prices should of at least risen slightly and looking for new ventures.

we also produce a lot of waste wood which we currently burn ourselves outside in an incinerator. (if anyone has use for this is could be chipped up for many things we just haven't found a contract for wood chipping or sawdust or to burn for biomass to do something ourselves)

any advice would be great thanks 

32 minutes ago, Gav73 said:

Whereabouts are you based, I’m looking for a kindling supplier!

Hi, based in Birmingham but have a great relationship with transport company so can provide anywhere across country at a competitive price , let me know what your after and where your based

thanks 

We have made wholesale kindling since 2009 . The margins are tight but must be really tough producing that amount each week for the big outfits. Sounds like you may have too many eggs in one basket wood has doubled in price in 7 years especially with the power station on the east coast . May be spread your out put around a few more customers then when you feel strong enough put the price of the 2000 bags a week up. Hope things turn out well for you 

8 hours ago, gensetsteve said:

We have made wholesale kindling since 2009 . The margins are tight but must be really tough producing that amount each week for the big outfits. Sounds like you may have too many eggs in one basket wood has doubled in price in 7 years especially with the power station on the east coast . May be spread your out put around a few more customers then when you feel strong enough put the price of the 2000 bags a week up. Hope things turn out well for you 

Who do you do it for if I may ask please? And yes that’s what we’re trying to do now is reach out and diversify 

thanks for your reply 

Supply loads of guys on here . Best if we supply our local area rather than add the cost and hassle of pallet freight . Better 100 customers taking 2 or 3 pallets a year than one taking 300 . I also like to see people and have a natter as I am sure some can vouch for 😁