Next truck, last truck...

Ty Korrigan

1 hour ago, Mike Hill said:

Sure.

Buy the truck that you hope will fill your requirements the best.

It will work out or it will not.

No one knows your requirements better than yourself.

Your fear of "shunting " another vehicle in your over loaded 3.5tonner  to somehow magically never overloading your 7 tonner is irrationa,l as wether you run overweight or not is entirely within your control .

My calculations of volume and weight of chip mean the chip box of a 7t+ could not exceed the legal weight. An 8 m3 chip box could not exceed more than 3.6t surely even if you managed to fill every corner.

It is not the fear of a shunt itself but the implications from a shunt. 

The French being rabidly litigious people and are highly insured for such actions.

Lawyers could potentially completely ruin a person over such a case if the in the event of an accident it was shown that even a part of the blame could be attributed to overloading.

Stuart

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Khriss said:

@aspenarb  pretty good buy there - LPG it an fit the water jet thrusters  back on.  K

Its still got all the swim gear on it Khriss which is quite rare, as soon as time and workshop space allow it there is a V8 Cummins turbo diesel going in there.

Bob

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

My calculations of volume and weight of chip mean the chip box of a 7t+ could not exceed the legal weight. An 8 m3 chip box could not exceed more than 3.6t surely even if you managed to fill every corner.

The French being rabidly litigious people and are highly insured for such actions.

Lawyers could potentially completely ruin a person over such a case if the in the event of an accident it was shown that even a part of the blame could be attributed to overloading.

Stuart

7tons is a sensible capacity for an arb truck, if you are that paranoid about being overloaded buy one with a weighing system.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb
because bobs got fat fingers
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Its still got all the swim gear on it Khriss which is quite rare, as soon as time and workshop space allow it there is a V8 Cummins turbo diesel going in there.

Bob

Would like to look in on that Bob, if you dont mind. Got soft spot fr  60s British motor engineering. K

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Khriss said:

@aspenarb wow,  A thats better engine by far B rare to have thrusters on as Army got fed up of squaddies launching them into lakes/rivers n getting stuck an took them off.   K

My mate broke his back in a Stalwart,  going over the knife edge at Bovington Training area. Went over and knackered his spine.  Ended up on sticks for the rest of his life. Brilliant bit of kit though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Would like to look in on that Bob, if you dont mind. Got soft spot fr  60s British motor engineering. K

Its got a straight eight Rolls Royce engine which my mate is having for his vintage fire truck, last time I ran the thing it guzzled about ten gallons of fuel in an hour hence the diesel conversion. There have been a few converted, I need to track one down to see what they did, saves reinventing the wheel. I will rattle you cage when its done , I want to launch it into a river at 40mph like the loons in the vid below, care to join me? :)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Stuart

If you add two airbags to the rear springs you can get an app based weigher.Makes foe a cheap and easy to use weighing system 

WWW.DIRECTNINE.UK

Provides truck and/or trailer gross weight, plus axle group and estimated cargo weight to your smartphone or tablet. Works...

26 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Its got a straight eight Rolls Royce engine which my mate is having for his vintage fire truck, last time I ran the thing it guzzled about ten gallons of fuel in an hour hence the diesel conversion. There have been a few converted, I need to track one down to see what they did, saves reinventing the wheel. I will rattle you cage when its done , I want to launch it into a river at 40mph like the loons in the vid below, care to join me? :)

I' ll stand in the back with me wet suit on ☺️  K