Trolley / Cart For Moving Lengths ????

Witterings

23 hours ago, Witterings said:

Looking for some sort of hand pulled cart or other way of moving lengths of wood about 140 cm or 4.5 ft  in old money and ideally would like to be able to load about 5 lengths at a time of widths from approx 8" up to 12/14"  .... doesn't matter if it's shorther and will only take about 3 ft lengths

Was looking at a something like a large garden cart (link below) but they're not very wide and would imagine regularly using it for heavy wood .... a lot of the reviews say continual hard use they don't last

What I like about them is the sides go down so I can put it in the car on top of the cut lengths (Zafira) .... although could stick whatever it is on the roof rack of the car

Awful tempted to pay a visit to Homebase and see if one of their garden trolleys "accidentally" jumps in my boot 🤣 ... shame I'm too honest.

If anyone's got any ideas be grateful hearing them😊 

I’ve had two of these over time. They rust away very quickly, the tyres perish and getting spare parts is a nightmare as the axles sizes seem to change slightly from brand to brand - even though they all look identical and are probably all made in the same Far East factory! 
The other issue is the handles, put too much weight on and pull it up a slope and the linkage for the front wheels break. 
I have cannibalised my two into one and have fabricated my own replacement parts. But I still find that a good old fashioned wheelbarrow works best. 

On 24/01/2021 at 09:35, lux said:

Haslemere. Surrey / W Sussex border

£200

Let me know if you want any pictures of it. Hardly used it.

I haven't heard from you since this post nor had a reply to the PM I sent you ... did you have a change of mind / sell it to someone else?

If you could let me know would be appreciated!

I use one of these for logs, its tough and you can get a lot in - made in UK.

Only niggle I had was wheels just outside frame so I shortened the axle a bit.

the-landscaper-175l-twin-galvanised_1200x1200.jpg?v=1581373547

WWW.SAM-TURNER.CO.UK
The Landscaper (LAN/TWIN/GVP) 175L Heavy-duty garden twin barrow Tubular front tipper bar One piece heavy-duty twin frame Galvanised Pneumatic tyres

3 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I use one of these for logs, its tough and you can get a lot in - made in UK.

Only niggle I had was wheels just outside frame so I shortened the axle a bit.

the-landscaper-175l-twin-galvanised_1200x1200.jpg?v=1581373547

WWW.SAM-TURNER.CO.UK

The Landscaper (LAN/TWIN/GVP) 175L Heavy-duty garden twin barrow Tubular front tipper bar One piece heavy-duty twin frame Galvanised Pneumatic tyres

I have been using a wheelbarrow but found the lengths I cut them to before they get chopped into log sizes, to balance the barrow they overhang at the back so you're banging your legs / walking awkwardly and you're limited to the number I can get on.

Overall they're not bad but if I'm going to be moving a lot over reasonable distances really fancy something a bit more efficient / user friendly.