Excavator flail case drain

Gray git

Question for the hydraulic experts

Thinking of getting a flail for our new to us bobcat e85 it has twin aux lines for everything but not a back to tank drain line fitted but the return line on the main aux circuit can be changed to a non pressure return to tank line with a simple valve under the cab for running high flow single acting attachments.

So the question is can Both the return line and case drain line be fitted into this same return line by way of a t piece of some description or do I need to fit another dedicated line for the case drain like what we have on the smaller e26?

Hopefully my description and question makes sense.

My Takeuchi is set up exactly as you describe (tee’d in to the open return to tank line) and has never been an issue, but make sure you have it open to tank as it will blow the motor if you cut the feed in a 2-way line... 

Approved Hydraulics said it was fine/normal/what they would recommend when I bought the flail from them. 

23 minutes ago, Gray git said:
34 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:
Hoses have been tidied but this is the plumbing. Make sure you open to tank though!!!!041A58B1-9F65-4093-AD8D-EB9E3D50BFB4.thumb.jpeg.e9c0ed100e1966d8d053ceb48ba7d490.jpeg

Read more  

Definitely looks the simplest method to me but wanted to check.

That machine has a big valve near the tank that you physically turn (with a spanner) to change between single way with open return (ie hammer) and dual-acting hydraulics. My little Bobcat has a separate case-drain as it was available from new as an option, and I’m not aware that there is the option of an open return-to-tank on the hi-flow circuit on my Bobcat. 

16 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

That machine has a big valve near the tank that you physically turn (with a spanner) to change between single way with open return (ie hammer) and dual-acting hydraulics. My little Bobcat has a separate case-drain as it was available from new as an option, and I’m not aware that there is the option of an open return-to-tank on the hi-flow circuit on my Bobcat. 

There is on the E27, I have it. Not on the E19/20 though.