What to do with 10 acres of land

I think all of the ideas above have crossed my mind plus bbq'd goat! [emoji1]

Yes, the land is flat & drainage does need to be sorted. Won't know how much of a difference that'll make to what can & can't be planted there.

I'd want to have a combination of options on there.

A small portion of the area has decent solid ground which could lend itself to an orchard or have a Polytunnel.

Given most of the area is covered in rushes, any ideas what will coexist well with them?
The soil would be a little on the acidic side. Could put some lime down to raise the pH but I'd like to explore ways to work with the land 1st before doctoring it to suit if that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Danny Boy said:
20 minutes ago, peds said:
If you have acidic soil, grow blueberries. Stick some woofers in a caravan during harvest season and leave them to it.

That's a good shout. How do they take to boggy soil?

You would want to dig a few drains, but they'd do just fine after that. Stick a load of cranberries in the worst parts.

There is definitely a profitable market for homegrown organic blueberries and cranberries, if you are interested in making a bit of money from the place. And they'd make a great cover for the weed grow op. 

• Like 1

Every few years to have a longlasting effect; soil rapidly reverts to type.

Forget it; work with what you have.
That would be the ideal, not to have to fight the land.

I'm thinking between improving the drainage & planting Willow or Poplar etc to help soak up more water it should help improve the ground over time to open up my options.

On a difft note has anyone got any contact details for anyone in the Woodland Trust?

Apparently their systems have been down since the start of Dec & still aren't up & running which seems a bit bizarre.