346 XP advice needed.

blackjack

Update is I think I have found an air leak on the intake boot by spraying brake cleaner on it, (the engine stalls when I spray the boot in one particular place )I saw this done on youtube, all the bits are ordered from LSE .Its got a replacement probably chink top end on it so nothing to lose yet really.

• Like 3

Whats the trick to the metal clamp on the intake boot?

I have got all the parts that make up the boot and put them all together ,removed the cylinder took the old boot off new one on all lining up nicely all husky oem but I can't get the metal clamp to click together is there a method i don't want to force it ,looks like a crap way of fasting a clamp to me hopefully Im just being a thick twat.

There is a bit of a technique to it, they are tight to clamp together, I use a pair of internal circlip pliers, you could use some thin nose mole grips, I find if you use a pair of pliers it does not work, you need to put the jaws into the curves of the clip, not the ends, so when you compress it you can see the hook slide under the eye, there is a fair amount of force required, it’s hard to explain not being there to show you.

Wasted some more time on this today, eventually got it together and seated correctly, refitted the cylinder etc as I was  about to fit the carb I heard a snap and guess what the clamp had let go the little male end bit nowhere to be seen ffs what a piece of shit. Going to fit the type that Yamaha etc use which is similar with a machine screw to tighten, been the same on bike carbs forever they can be torqued up and undone its simple to do and it works probably costs a few pence more to manufacture so Husky swerved it.