Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mitchel

tipping body for ford ranger 2007 twin cab needed who to use?

Recommended Posts

Im trying to find out rough cost for a tipper body for 2007 ford ranger twin cab doesn’t need a locker just chip body probably a foot higher than cab ideally with a chip hood if not to much otherwise a heavy duty tarp than can be tied to make a roof. 
 
Don’t mind if its cheaper to make with Grp sides rather than Ali sides.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mitchel said:

nope needs building from scratch

I used a Link alloy tipper off a cabstar, easy to cut n fit on to my Series II, then altered alloy planks. Check yr local scrap yards. K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mitchel said:
Im trying to find out rough cost for a tipper body for 2007 ford ranger twin cab doesn’t need a locker just chip body probably a foot higher than cab ideally with a chip hood if not to much otherwise a heavy duty tarp than can be tied to make a roof. 
 
Don’t mind if its cheaper to make with Grp sides rather than Ali sides.

 

Anything like this?

03D8205D-C645-4465-96D1-27750A73AA49.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought about doing this with my old 07 twin cab ranger but wasnt sure it would be a worthwhile load capacity? How do you find it 5 shires?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jmac said:

Thought about doing this with my old 07 twin cab ranger but wasnt sure it would be a worthwhile load capacity? How do you find it 5 shires?

It’s fine can get quite a good load in there but obviously not as much as a transit tipper etc but if I know I need more capacity on bigger jobs I either allow for a couple of load drops at a convenient tip site or on bigger jobs I always get more lads with there Trucks...but my ranger suits my needs 95% of the time and I will always have a 4x4 tipper anyway it’s just my preference.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 5 shires said:

It’s fine can get quite a good load in there but obviously not as much as a transit tipper etc but if I know I need more capacity on bigger jobs I either allow for a couple of load drops at a convenient tip site or on bigger jobs I always get more lads with there Trucks...but my ranger suits my needs 95% of the time and I will always have a 4x4 tipper anyway it’s just my preference.

 

See ive already got a cabstar tipper with full arb body probably get 6 cube in it full full

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had it done 6/7 years ago now but it was around 4K.....kept it simple to keep cost down such as not having double barn doors and no chip shield...not having both hasn’t ever been an issue....I will be changing it at the end of the year...she has done me well and is on 225k and went through recent MOT with just a number plate bulb needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  •  

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.