Ebay china special.

Stere

If the blurb is to be believed ( if ) that's putting it around the power of a 60cc Stihl. Somewhat awesome, especially for sub £70! I'm more than a little sceptical, shall we say. You'd need to run it from a 16amp ceeform, and I don't see many of these on some business premises, let alone domestic. Seventy quid for the saw, and two hundred plus for a sparky to wire in a socket for it? Yeah right. Methinks the old six inch nail fuse might be making an appearance, 

I wouldn't take too much notice of the printed info, 220v and 15A gives 3300 watts not 3800.

If it runs on 240v as here would be 3800. Amps also aren't power, watts are. Plug at least looks as if fuse is replaceable which is probably the best that can be said of it. Doubt if many on here are likely to touch it. 

Just bought a disk caddy for computer which arrived with non-fused plug and shielded earth pin, gave it a bad feedback and used legal and safe power cord I already had. Supplier offered to knock £5 off if I altered feedback, not that desperate for a fiver so haven't.

1 hour ago, Cut4fun said:

I took in a 13amp on our 120v   from a co-worker when she went mix finally.   Says 4hp compared.   🤷‍♀️

I would say more in the 40cc ranges

I'd say it's a fail at Maths. 120v x 13amps = 1560 watts. 750 watts equal 1 Horsepower. Thus, it's a whisker over two horsepower, at a full 13amps. As it says " peak", presumably that's achieved in the picosecond before the fuse pops. 😉😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would be better for theese chainsaws if mains had 3 phase.

WWW.ENERGYLIVENEWS.COM

The Renewable Energy Association and Western Power Distribution say this would enable more clean technologies...

3 phase is standard to houses  some EU countries.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stere said:

Would be better for theese chainsaws if mains had 3 phase.

WWW.ENERGYLIVENEWS.COM

The Renewable Energy Association and Western Power Distribution say this would enable more clean technologies...

3 phase is standard to houses  some EU countries.

I can't imagine that it will be that long before we end up with similar stuff in the UK with the way that car charging etc is moving forward. I was reading a thing the other day saying that the current national grid can't handle everyone charging electric cars. Maybe in the future they will start installing 3 phase or maybe a higher voltage for car charging ports. 

Teslas have a nominal voltage of 355 volts. Charging that with a 32A 240v circuit isn't really going to get things done quick. The new tesla superchargers (according to their website) are whacking out 250Kw from a 1MW power cabinet which would be 1000A@240v. 

Unless the UK steps up to the plate we're going to have tonnes of electric cars that need 2 days to charge in someone's garage! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peter 1955 said:

I'd say it's a fail at Maths. 120v x 13amps = 1560 watts. 750 watts equal 1 Horsepower. Thus, it's a whisker over two horsepower, at a full 13amps. As it says " peak", presumably that's achieved in the picosecond before the fuse pops. 😉😄

Thats more in the range that it feels like cutting too. ;)  Why I said 40cc range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I can't imagine that it will be that long before we end up with similar stuff in the UK with the way that car charging etc is moving forward. I was reading a thing the other day saying that the current national grid can't handle everyone charging electric cars. Maybe in the future they will start installing 3 phase or maybe a higher voltage for car charging ports. 

Teslas have a nominal voltage of 355 volts. Charging that with a 32A 240v circuit isn't really going to get things done quick. The new tesla superchargers (according to their website) are whacking out 250Kw from a 1MW power cabinet which would be 1000A@240v. 

Unless the UK steps up to the plate we're going to have tonnes of electric cars that need 2 days to charge in someone's garage! 

That's one of the most frightening things I've ever read on here! I'm now envisaging a future where we're forced to use electric vehicles, but they can only be charged two days a week, due to a shortage of electricity! Bring on Hydrogen powered vehicles, I say. 

• Haha 1

Watts=Volts x Amps but electric motors do use much more current getting them spinning up from start up so switches and fuses have to be rated at higher than the nominal power draw of the motor when running.

I doubt that this beast of a chainsaw will draw more than a domestic pressure washer etc.