Another firewood bargain

djbobbins

15 hours ago, djbobbins said:

I think this might be my favourite one yet - £30 for a ten foot tall tree, including the brash!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/199596071883842/

Brilliant. Did you see the fella with a line conifers. He posted a photo saying help yourself.  Pick one, first to come gets the best ones (you have to take them down yourself)😂

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Con said:

Brilliant. Did you see the fella with a line conifers. He posted a photo saying help yourself.  Pick one, first to come gets the best ones (you have to take them down yourself)😂

Yes but there will be a weekend wood warrior some where who will go and do it with his new Aldi chainsaw and think he is getting the bargain of the year, Priced a job several years ago near a friends house which was about a dozen Leylandie,s, bloke at the house said i was way to expensive at £550, so he did something simulare and got them done for the cost of a new telephone wire, new guttering  and a ne sky dish, it dont pay at times to scrimp,

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Yes but there will be a weekend wood warrior some where who will go and do it with his new Aldi chainsaw and think he is getting the bargain of the year, Priced a job several years ago near a friends house which was about a dozen Leylandie,s, bloke at the house said i was way to expensive at £550, so he did something simulare and got them done for the cost of a new telephone wire, new guttering  and a ne sky dish, it dont pay at times to scrimp,

Had one like that years ago. While cutting a big, wide hedge, next door asked if I could cut his side as well.  I replied I couldn't reach, but would cheerfully come round and do it, if he crossed my palm with silver. He replied that he wasn't thinking of paying. I replied that I wasn't thinking of cutting it for that price. I later heard that he'd driven twenty plus miles each way to borrow a cutter from a relative, cut it himself, and then driven twenty miles each way to return it. Bargain. 😁

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

Had one like that years ago. While cutting a big, wide hedge, next door asked if I could cut his side as well.  I replied I couldn't reach, but would cheerfully come round and do it, if he crossed my palm with silver. He replied that he wasn't thinking of paying. I replied that I wasn't thinking of cutting it for that price. I later heard that he'd driven twenty plus miles each way to borrow a cutter from a relative, cut it himself, and then driven twenty miles each way to return it. Bargain. 😁

Yep that sounds about right, ,one thing i think i can say safely at the moment is, since this Covid started 9mth ago, i have come to the conclusion that there is a lot more people with only one brain cell than there is with 2 brain cells,,,

• Like 1