Volunteering

Treacy

3 hours ago, orang-utan said:

Hi Treacy, good to hear that you found weekend volunteering work and are booked onto the courses - that's quick progress!  Quick question: I run a company in London and one of my guys is new to tree surgery (he has also been volunteering with me for a few days here and there) and would like to book on to the NPTC courses CS30-39.  Would you mind letting me know who you decided to book with and why you chose them?  Thanks 

Didn’t realise i could reply directly but have replied a little further up. 

6 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

Does the 5 day course include the assessment or is it an additional day?

There are training providers that offer a combined price for training, assessment and accommodation.

I know Roland Heming does that, and the total price including accommodation is cheaper than the course alone elsewhere 

I don't think they had an option for accomodation but the company I was looking at was Kingswood traing and the lady that took my call was incredibly helpfull but they're quite a way from where I am

WWW.KINGSWOODTRAINING.COM

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Where are you based again? 

Just realised I hadn't replied to this but based in The Witterings just south of Chichester

I just had a look at the Roland Hemings which people hae suggested and certainly their cost of courses is quite competative ... I'll see if I can find out what their accomodation cost is.

38 minutes ago, Witterings said:

Just realised I hadn't replied to this but based in The Witterings just south of Chichester

I just had a look at the Roland Hemings which people hae suggested and certainly their cost of courses is quite competative ... I'll see if I can find out what their accomodation cost is.

It's a long time since I looked at the prices, but I could travel from Scotland to Roland Heming and do course with accommodation for similar cost to just the course locally.

Worth checking it out. 

PS: be aware that assessment may be an additional day after the training

Edited by Doug Tait
PS added
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Witterings said:

The place to go to from Chi was Brinsbury  College , they used to do all those 30 / 31 stuff up in the wood above Arundell but, alas .....covid !

On 15/01/2021 at 14:29, orang-utan said:

Hi Treacy, good to hear that you found weekend volunteering work and are booked onto the courses - that's quick progress!  Quick question: I run a company in London and one of my guys is new to tree surgery (he has also been volunteering with me for a few days here and there) and would like to book on to the NPTC courses CS30-39.  Would you mind letting me know who you decided to book with and why you chose them?  Thanks 

@orang-utan  you may want to look at http://www.landskills.co.uk/    They're in Dorking

Edited by nepia

3 hours ago, Stubby said:

The place to go to from Chi was Brinsbury  College , they used to do all those 30 / 31 stuff up in the wood above Arundell but, alas .....covid !

I did take a look abd they're not lsiting a lot at the moment .... not sure if that's because of Covid or whether they've stopped doing them.

Excel are the other company who seem to do it in the same area.

• Like 1