Any Certification Required For Groundsman

Witterings

2 minutes ago, Khriss said:

You have more chance of being accepted in the  Masonic Lodge mate 😉  K

could however indulge in that age old AT tradition of going wildly off topic (and maybe even draw @trigger_andy into some proxy handbaggery on the UBI topic....😜)

They tax you on what you earn, they tax you on what you spend, they tax you on what you save and they tax you on what’s left when you die. Maybe it’s just sex and drugs that aren’t taxed and they both have significant potential complications involved anyway. 

Within each level and category of tax there are seemingly impenetrable layers of regulation, interpretation and implementation. 

And the cherry on top is that it is all necessary to sustain and perpetuate the massive Ponzi scheme of ‘government spending’ which demands exponential increase in the consumption of finite resources - at some point it must all come crashing down. Just like the massive Beech which has started throwing limbs that I looked at yesterday. 

It could be left well alone to carry on and ‘do its thing’ or it could have some well considered intervention to avoid disaster. 

Not sure if I can link Masonic lodges into the thread - that’s a masterpiece there K 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is only eclipsed by military spending. The atrociousness of which is never revealed. I was reducing a Beech in North Yorks one year near a range and could hear ' Brrrrrrrrp brrrrrrp brrrrrrp'  all morning. At lunch a squaddie wandered over hearing my saw, got talking an he was training on 50  Brownings, asked was it fun? He said  " not after first box, yr wrists ache but we have nothing else to do"   i was deer shooting my self at that time so asked how much a box " fink abat 600 quid mate" 😳  K

( they were at it all day !) 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JaySmith said:

I have some 'older' leggings and boots in my shed, they are in no way brand new and I've kept them for spares just in case.  If you are a similar size to me then you are welcome to them free of charge. The Stihl leggings are either a small or medium and the Meindl boots would be size 8 from memory. If they would be of use DM me your address and I'll courier them to you. Good luck with whatever you choose

That is an incredibly generous offer and thank you .... not this Xmas but the one before I put leggings and helmet on my Xmas list so have both of those, this year I put money for boots on my list so have some burning a hole in my pocket but am waiting for the shops to be open so I can go and properly try some on but the offer was VERY much appreciated!

• Like 2

I'd claim for training personally as it is going to be business related. I.e. you're career requires that certification. Just add the chainsaw work to the list of company activities (SIC) with companies house and bang out a couple of invoices so you are already working in that sector. I think it's to stop people being a plumber and claiming for a law degree. I claimed for training in 19/20 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Paddy1000111

48 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I'd claim for training personally as it is going to be business related. I.e. you're career requires that certification. Just add the chainsaw work to the list of company activities (SIC) with companies house and bang out a couple of invoices so you are already working in that sector. I think it's to stop people being a plumber and claiming for a law degree. I claimed around 7k for training in 19/20 🤷‍♂️

Tou might want to check with your accountant and maybe avoid public statements that would give HMRC a reason to have a look at your books. 

WWW.GOV.UK

Business expenses you can claim if you're self-employed

WWW.GOV.UK

Supplementary guidance on how to check tax calculations or work out the trading profits of a business for Self...

If you take the supplementary guidance and then overlay current ‘industry guidance’ for refresher training of existing tickets - which may be achieved by attending then next ‘stage’ course (small tree felling refreshed by attending a med tree felling course, for a simple example), it gets even more complicated. What part is refresher and what part is new skill? 50/50, 40/60?

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

9 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Tou might want to check with your accountant and maybe avoid public statements that would give HMRC a reason to have a look at your books. 

WWW.GOV.UK

WWW.GOV.UK

Supplementary guidance on how to check tax calculations or work out the trading profits of a business for Self...

Mine was all continuity and training to "improve the skills and knowledge". Double and triple checked with my chartered accountant who took all the receipts and filed everything for me...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

WWW.GOV.UK

WWW.GOV.UK

If you take the supplementary guidance and then overlay current ‘industry guidance’ for refresher training of existing tickets - which may be achieved by attending then next ‘stage’ course (small tree felling refreshed by attending a med tree felling course, for a simple example), it gets even more complicated. What part is refresher and what part is new skill? 50/50, 40/60?

You get yr MBE through MI5   kev  ?  🕶️