Any Certification Required For Groundsman

Witterings

20 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

page 5/6 gives a summary 

http://www.fieldtax.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/February-2016-Tax-Bulletin.pdf

The issue arose because HMRC didn't want to 'allow' capital and operational expenses in 2010/11 & 11/12 because they tipped the business from profit into loss and their contention was that a business trading at a loss could not be viable and therefore unable to claim AIA etc.  (I rather doubt there's a single farm business that could demonstrate profitability without subsidy - but that's a whole other story!)

In the end, it all came down to the accrual of arb arisings (non monetary goods received must be taken to account at their market value on the day of receipt) which is taxable rather than the value of the goods after they have been processed and made available for sale (processing and seasoning in this case.)  

It was a barrel of laughs and a great insight to how HMRC works.

My absolute favourite part was the Lower Tier Tribunal - on arrival, Clerk asked are there any admin issues you need to make the judge aware of...  I simply said I'd need to renew the parking ticket at 13:00.  No problem says the Clerk, we'll break for lunch around then anyway.  Johnny from HMRC chips in - "there's an all day multi story carpark right opposite, why don't you use that?"

"Because the Landrover 110 utility we're about to argue about in relation to AIA won't fit under the barrier" (you ****************ing chimp I muttered under my breath.)

HMRC were invited to lay out their case.  After much fumbling and confusion a 10 minute summary was presented to the judge by HMRC.

Then it was my turn!  About 4 hours later having delivered a killer presentation, all from memory, and answered all the questions from the bench we broke for lunch.

On return from lunch it was HMRCs turn to offer any rebuttals of my evidence, and mine of theirs.

HMRC blushed and farted and didn't have much to offer... 

Judge asked me if I'd sorted the car park, I replied "Yes, thank you Sir, I've put another 4 hours on the meter"

It probably loses it in the telling, but both myself and the judges genuinely laughed out loud 😂

That was the Lower Tier Tribunal, the Upper Tier was a bit more dramatic but that's a story for another day...  😂😂

I love this, absolutely love it. The tax bulletin is hilarious. I would have piad your parking charges for a WHOLE DAY to have sat in on that. And I wouldn't even have claimed the tax on it. 😀😀😀💩🤡💥

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Khriss said:

🙅 👜👜🙅

This thread is at Handbag Level Two

K

As an official adjudicator of the Handbag level it'd be helpful if you could reveal the max/min scale.

It's like the covid tier's to me, no idea how bad Level 2 is 

1 minute ago, Doug Tait said:

As an official adjudicator of the Handbag level it'd be helpful if you could reveal the max/min scale.

On recent experience, as this is such low level altercation, I'd say there are at least five levels, maybe more. The big question is,  if it gets really fierce, are there levels above Handbag? Felling levers? Chainsaws? 🤔

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

On recent experience, as this is such low level altercation, I'd say there are at least five levels, maybe more. The big question is,  if it gets really fierce, are there levels above Handbag? Felling levers? Chainsaws? 🤔

I hadn't even considered a level beyond handbags, that would be a serious altercation!

I did once throw a chainsaw helmet in anger, wonder where that incident would sit on the scale

41 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

Unlike the UK Tier scheme which is purely arbitrary and no scientific basis in fact , the HB rating of a thread is scrutinised for being informative , quality of insults and depth of credulous remarks . K

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

I hadn't even considered a level beyond handbags, that would be a serious altercation!

I did once throw a chainsaw helmet in anger, wonder where that incident would sit on the scale

If you have ever worked for Glendales , that would not even get a mention , K

• Haha 1