Very roughly how many cu mtrs of firewood do you sell per year.

cessna

I myself sell around a maximum of 400 cubic mtrs  of firewood/logs per year. Just out of interest I would like to know how many cu mtrs of firewood /logs other Arbtalk members sell how ever big or small ,as all relevant to the individuals business.

Edited by cessna

7 hours ago, cessna said:

I myself sell around a maximum of 400 cubic mtrs  of firewood/logs per year. Just out of interest I would like to know how many cu mtrs of firewood /logs other Arbtalk members sell how ever big or small ,as all relevant to the individuals business.

Just a bit less than you. Not actually worked it but think its around 350 

Around 85 cube for me and have done for a few years.... Though hate actually doing it. Feels a waste of valuable time. But nice when it's sold :D

With all the new legislation coming in it may be the last winter 2021 for me and then maybe down to 25 cube a year for all those that can take in 2 cube loads.... Then change of business plan and send all for biomass from then on. You never know it may actually be better that way?!

38 minutes ago, swinny said:

Some worth while money there then I'd say :)

Haha, every year around this time the bank account looks good then we start buying in wood and repairing machinery and wonder where it's all gone.

We work on very tight margins so we have to sell that much to keep on top of bills but it seems to be expanding every year which is nice. The novelties definitely worn off 7 day weeks at the moment though. I've never known a month this busy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gdh said:

Haha, every year around this time the bank account looks good then we start buying in wood and repairing machinery and wonder where it's all gone.

We work on very tight margins so we have to sell that much to keep on top of bills but it seems to be expanding every year which is nice. The novelties definitely worn off 7 day weeks at the moment though. I've never known a month this busy.

Do you retail it all or is some trade sales?

Whats your retail / trade prices per m3?

49 minutes ago, Justme said:

Do you retail it all or is some trade sales?

Whats your retail / trade prices per m3?

It's about 90% retail in loads from 1.8 to 4 cube and a couple of hundred cube in 10 cube loads to local biomass boilers. 

We only do trade in the summer and that's £70 a cube plus vat collected, we don't have the drying capacity to do any more this time of year. At the moment our 1.8cube tipped load is £150 and the 4 is £310.

17 hours ago, gdh said:

It's about 90% retail in loads from 1.8 to 4 cube and a couple of hundred cube in 10 cube loads to local biomass boilers. 

We only do trade in the summer and that's £70 a cube plus vat collected, we don't have the drying capacity to do any more this time of year. At the moment our 1.8cube tipped load is £150 and the 4 is £310.

Are the £150 & £310 inc or plus vat?

If plus vat then surely the delivery alone on 4m3 is worth more than £7.50 per m3 over the trade collect price?

Either way your prices look very cheap.

Putting it up £10 to £15 per m3 & sell half your volume for about the same bottom line profit.

Edited by Justme