Dithering over which little old tractor

1 hour ago, Peasgood said:

Got exactly the same thing on one of our 35's.  Ours has sideshift too. :)

I think this one i have is a fairly old one as i think most of the later ones had the sideshift as standard, i do keep seeing them coming up for sale but most are making strong money these days like about a grand or one i so before xmas made 1280 so look after yours, they seem to be sought after at the moment but that dont supprise me as they are a very sensible attachment, i can take mine off the tractor in about 3 mins, 

25 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

I think this one i have is a fairly old one as i think most of the later ones had the sideshift as standard, i do keep seeing them coming up for sale but most are making strong money these days like about a grand or one i so before xmas made 1280 so look after yours, they seem to be sought after at the moment but that dont supprise me as they are a very sensible attachment, i can take mine off the tractor in about 3 mins, 

I'm surprised they are worth that much, and also surprised you can take it off in 3 minutes as ours is a lot more involved than that (it's not 3 point linkage).

I do have a couple of 3pl forklifts that I use on other tractors, very useful bits of kit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

I'm surprised they are worth that much, and also surprised you can take it off in 3 minutes as ours is a lot more involved than that (it's not 3 point linkage).

I do have a couple of 3pl forklifts that I use on other tractors, very useful bits of kit.

That’s the toybox Christmas list developing then: big arch, tractor winch, forklift ...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mr. Ed said:

That’s the toybox Christmas list developing then: big arch, tractor winch, forklift ...

This is a pic off ebay but I made a set for myself. Very useful, easy to make assuming you can weld or not especially dear to buy.

Great for IBC, pallets of allsorts, tree trunks etc. Highly recommended even if you have a forklift attachment as well.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Peasgood said:

This is a pic off ebay but I made a set for myself. Very useful, easy to make assuming you can weld or not especially dear to buy.

Great for IBC, pallets of allsorts, tree trunks etc. Highly recommended even if you have a forklift attachment as well.

s-l1600.jpg

Be better if you ran a hydraulic top link aswell to lift it level if you wanted

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Ed said:

On the subject of the backs of tractors what’s the balance of benefit from pulling things from a hitch on the drawbar compared with one on a 3point arrangement? 

You'll overload the lift cylinder on the 3 point, + there's a chance of bending the liftarms, it's less stable, and the 3 point can flip up if the trailer is rear heavy --> ending in disaster if you're unlucky.

• Like 1

You'll overload the lift cylinder on the 3 point, + there's a chance of bending the liftarms, it's less stable, and the 3 point can flip up if the trailer is rear heavy --> ending in disaster if you're unlucky.
My brother has a grey fergie with 3 point hitch, has a couple of tie bars that go from the toplink pin on the tractor down to the ends of the arms so the arms are fixed height. I think that avoids those problems. I don't really know why it doesn't have a drawbar.
  • Like 1

On 11/01/2021 at 21:34, Mr. Ed said:

It’s a bit harder to start and smokes more? It may have had a harder life. 

A Ford, a Ford, a Ford,

A few pieces of tin,

With a smoky ole engine in,

A Ford, a Ford, a Ford.

The 4000 series Ford tractors were renown for having smoky engines that someone wrote that little rhythm about them.

• Like 1