The Wee Chipper Club

TimberCutterDartmoor

• 2 weeks later...

About to go down this route my self. First chipper! I have been struggling for a long time with out so time to make the move.

New or ex demo and I would like to get some thing in the next two weeks.

Looking at either of the following, appreciate that its unlikely for any one to have tried all 3 but would any of these be a bad move . . . .

Haecksler mini chipper, the less expensive of the 3

Greenmech cs100

Jo Beua 300/400

Based in Dorset. Need to think about how available parts are going to be. Will also need a trailer, either one designed for the machine small that it will fit in.

I've spent many an hour slavering at all three.

researched all of em, utube vids, opinions an whats bin said on here..

of all the ones mentioned, the only one I wouldn't bother with would be the Jo Beua 200. not many have anything positive to say when compared to the 400/500 model..

I like the look of the Haecksler myself, but I imagine the greenmeck would be easier to pull about..

Think I am just going to give each of the dealers a call and have a chat. I wanted to go to Saltex, a land management show at the NEC on the 4th or 5th and have a look at some stuff there but not sure if I am going to make it. I think there isn't going to be much in it at the end, they do seem pretty similar.

Can't comment on the cs100 but the jo beau m500 I have is excellent, the stuff it'll take is very surprising and it has a very large feed hopper so arm fulls of brash isn't an issue and it'll take some quite big unions, i do very little sneding out. If the m400 is anything like it then that would be my first choice from experience

Think I am just going to give each of the dealers a call and have a chat. I wanted to go to Saltex, a land management show at the NEC on the 4th or 5th and have a look at some stuff there but not sure if I am going to make it. I think there isn't going to be much in it at the end, they do seem pretty similar.

Shame you cannot make the show as we have the whole range of Jo Beau on display so I could talk you through the differences, I would be surprised if you were disappointed in any of the range as they suit different people/applications. I don't think you will find any negative comments about these chippers, the interest at the show has been outstanding on the first day.